The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DP users...Look here
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

DP users...Look here

I'm trying to get this "Automatic Delay Compensation" resolved once and for all. Seems without it, it's been nothing but trouble getting anything in sync.

If I can get enough people to agree, maybe Motu will do something about it.

Unicornation

Look for (Vote YES for "Automatic Delay Comp")

Thanks in advance.
Imagine
Old 22nd May 2003
There is only one

i put my $0.02 in. i samplitude does it, nuendo is doing it... everyone is going to HAVE to do it to keep up.

nuendo with that new control surface might become an option if MOTU cant get their shit together.
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

I tried Nuendo 1.52, and I can finally use the UAD plugins. I haven't be able to use them with DP, and I've have had the UAD plug/card for nearly 8 months.

If DP doesn't shake their ass, I'm looking into Nuendo as well.
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

i already have alsihad 6 le, cubase, and DP in their osx versions. without the uad and metric halo stuff being ready for x, i cannot move anything serious into these new versions.

having said that, i'll screw around in the new cubase a bit to see if i like it. i've always thought cubase was seriously great for the average composer type. i like it's midi approach (objects in the arrange window), and since they came up with vst, vst instruments, and have had things like delay compensation i think it's a swell program to have. plus i have a shitload of keyboards and drum machines, so cubase will be around my place at least for a while.

however i thought dp kinda sounded better. i dunno. plus so many vst plug ins are total shite that the mas or rtas plug ins were easier to take seriosly. i dunno. since i have the new osx versions, i'm giving everything a new chance all over. motu can fix a couple little things and keep me very happy. delay compensation is a big one. i did vote for it in the unicornation bbs.
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

If you haven't voted, please do so.

Thanks
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear