The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UAD EQs
Old 18th December 2009
Lives for gear

UAD EQs

For some reason I wasn't able to demo any new UAD plug ins for about 2 years now.
I emailed UA and they said sometimes when you upgrade the demo function doesn't work correctly and they gave me a new 14 day demo on all the plug ins.

Fantastic, I'm stocked.
So I spent a few hours demoing eqs.
I have the Neve 1073 and Cambridge allready, so I'm looking for something to compliment those.

I have two UAD 1 cards, haven't taken the UAD 2 plunge just yet.

So far, these are my favs.
1. The Trident EQ.
This is a great eq, very lush and never brittle.
2. The Harrison EQ.
I liked this one allot. Doesn't have quite the mojo as the Trident, but I like the way the eq is laid out and I got good results with it.
3. The Neve 31102 and 1081 didn't really offer much more than the 1073 that I already have, so I will pass on these for now.
4. The Helios is a quirky little beast, I'll have to get my brain wrapped around it before I make a decision.

I haven't tried the Pultec Pro yet.
I'm not a fan of plug in channels strips, so I'm not that interested in the SSL and Neve strips.
I like my eq/comps seperate.

Overall, some very nice stuff from UA IMO.
I think I'm going with the Harrison, it has the SE mode and with the UAD 1 I will need it.
The Trident seems to take too much power for the UAD 1, maybe I'll think about it if I ever upgrade to UAD 2.
I also liked the mix buss comp.
I just used my two coupons on the IBP, when I get another coupon I'll get a few more toys.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search