The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studio Projects Mics- T3, C3 Anyone with Results?
Old 21st May 2003
Gear Head

Studio Projects Mics- T3, C3 Anyone with Results?

Hey everyone-

Real Quick, I'm interested in aquiring some studio projects condensers. Specifically a pair of C3's or the T3 Tube mics.

Has anyone used either wtih any positive or negative results? PLease let me know, and what particular situations they were used in, instuments, vocals, room etc?

Thanks-dano
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

I had a T3 on test a while ago, nice tone.Liked it better the the M147 and Rode Classic. Just has a boost in the top end that caused sibilance problems with a few singers I tested it with. Tried a few different pres, same probelms with the same singers.
I paid the money and brought a U99, which I have had no probelms with. As always try for yourself..
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

I have a "matched" pair of C3's... have used them quite a bit on drums and a little on dist guitar. Pretty decent for the price, for some subjective listening in a very narrow sense, you can hear some samples I posted in this psw recpit thread (near the bottom). YMMGV
Old 23rd May 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by davemc
I had a T3 on test a while ago, nice tone.Liked it better the the M147 and Rode Classic. Just has a boost in the top end that caused sibilance problems with a few singers I tested it with. Tried a few different pres, same probelms with the same singers.
I paid the money and brought a U99, which I have had no probelms with. As always try for yourself..
Sorry that happened to you... You should have e-mailed us as we have a mod that eliminates that. Two resistor changes is all it is to a different value.....

I am sure you happy with the U99, but thanks for trying the T3's and I am glad that "you" liked them.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear