The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Waves v7 compatibility with v5
Old 11th December 2009
Gear Nut

Waves v7 compatibility with v5

I've seen it discussed around here that Waves v6 and v7 are not compatible with earlier versions of Waves plugins. (v5 for example).
I don't know if it's come to eveyone's attention but although this may be the official line, there is no real reason why you can't have them working side by side...
I've heard all the usual WUP moans, so for anyone who has legitimately purchased version 5 installations like me, and has just purchased a version 6 or 7 plugin bundle (cla bundle for example) like me and doesn't see why they can't use them together, then here's how to get them both working.

1) backup your v5 dpm files (for example WavesShell-DAE 5.x.dpm) at
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins.

2) do your version 7 installation.

3) put the dpm files back in the above location as these are deleted by the v7 installtion.

Voila...all working together...

(you may get asked to update the pace ilok drivers at some point, followed by a restart, but this won't affect the install).
Old 24th September 2010
Here for the gear

v7 and v5 compatibility

Hi,

I'm new on here (first post, actually). I can confirm that a similar method works for Macs as well. In my case, I actually just re-installed the v5 platinum bundle after installing the v7 restoration bundle. If you are running Pro Tools HD, be patient. It takes some time for both waveshells to load. So far, everything seems to be working great. I'll update if I run into any problems. Kinda ridiculous that Waves wants to make me pay money again to use the plugins I've already purchased, enhanced or not. I'll upgrade when I'm ready.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search