The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Trouble using DP3 with 2408 and HD192
Old 20th May 2003
Lives for gear

Trouble using DP3 with 2408 and HD192

As you already know, I bought a HD192, now I'm having trouble assigning anything through the 2408.

1) The 2408 is connected via lightpipe to the d8b
2) The HD192 and 2408 are connected to the PCI-424 card.

If I try to assign anything on the d8b to DP (2408), the Audio Monitor doesn't get a reading. You know how the Audio Monitor turns red when you assign a channel, well it doesn't even do that. I can't get it to record.

Does the HD192 take priority over the 2408? It shouldn't, and I never had trouble before the 192.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Imagine
Old 20th May 2003
There is only one

Re: Trouble using DP3 with 2408 and HD192

my audio monitor only turns red when record is enabled... is that what you meant?

i know this would mean repatching i/o's in DP but have you tried to switch the firewire cables on the two devices? i have my 2408 first and my 1296 second.

has it always been set up the same way or did you just recently change it?
Old 20th May 2003
Lives for gear

alpha,

"my audio monitor only turns red when record is enabled... is that what you meant"?

Yes it is.

I tried changing the Firewire cables on the 424 card, making the 2408 first, and 192 second. I was now able to use the 2408 via lightpipe, but the 192 wouldn't record, cause the Audio Monitor wouldn't turn red.

I bought the HD192 a couple of weeks ago, and had the 192 connected to port 1, and the 2408 to port 2 on the 424. I've been using the 192 to record, and never bothered assigning anything from the d8b via lightpipe until tonight.

I don't understand it. I wonder if this is a flaw within the driver.

Imagine
Old 20th May 2003
Lives for gear

****!!! I just figured it out. The re-connected the HD192 into port 1, and the 2408 into port 2.

Again, when I had the 2408 able to record, the Audio Monitor channel one wouldn't turn red. So by chance, I opened up the Audio Monitor window, and noticed that ADAT 1 was now (In) 13. I added another track ADAT 2, which made it 14 and so on.

The first 12 channels cater to the 192, and the next 24, to the 2408. I guess it all makes sense.

Imagine

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search