The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Nuendo or Tascam DM 24 mix?
Old 19th May 2003
Gear Addict

Nuendo or Tascam DM 24 mix?

Anyone using both of these and if so have you tried mixing outside the box through the DM 24 and is it better then in the box? Just wondering if I should try it or bother? IF it will make a difference? Not happy with the mush that is Nuendo.

Thanks,

Mitch
Old 22nd May 2003
Here for the gear

I'm currently mixing a project recorded in Cubase SX with the DM-24. I decided not to mix in the 'puter because I like the hands on of a h/w mixer and also so I wouldn't have to worry about running out of CPU power. For me Cubase SX is pretty much just a recorder (and editor, and MIDI sequencer). Also, I figured that the DM-24 couldn't be any worse than mixing in the DAW. Time will tell if I made the right decision...
Old 22nd May 2003
Gear Addict

Hum,,, your using the DM 24 converters then... That's the part that scares me. I decided against it. I don't use faders anymore anyway. I don't use automation at all. I just edit the mix. The ultimate in CPU savings. Works great. Just edit the files. :>)
Old 27th May 2003
Here for the gear

I thought your question had to do with mixing within the computer or externally, not the quality of the converters in the DM-24.

The only conversion going on at mix time is the D/A of the 2-mix going to the stereo outs and CR outs of the DM-24. I mix down digitally so the converters of the DM-24 are not an issue at that point.

If your mixes sound mushy I doubt if the problem is the D/A converters themselves. Maybe you have some kind of word clock issue.

Anyway, sounds like you made up your mind on your own so the point is moot.
Old 27th May 2003
Gear Addict

I was talking about going sub groups out and converting all of them into the analog domain. I was kicking a bunch of thoughts around as per how to maximize the gear I have and I had not tried that. Much the same as you would use the Dangerouse 2 buss that I was thinking of getting. But I decided not to. I think I'll just stay where I'm at for now. Thanks,

M

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search