The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Id like to show you my BOX
Old 19th May 2003
Lives for gear

Id like to show you my BOX

Anytime I get the saw and the drill out people run for cover, and everything Ive ever built (I use the term losely) always looks a bit wonky, lopsided, uneven and basicly crap. So it is with this backround I present my latest little project. Its a new home for my Telefunken EQ's, and for the first time I think it looks cool. (afterall, how hard can 4 bits of wood really be)

Notre the retro handle on top.
Attached Thumbnails
Id like to show you my BOX-new-box.jpg  
Old 19th May 2003
Lives for gear

Looks Great
Looks Sturdy
Nice stain on the wood
Old 19th May 2003
Lives for gear

Hey how do you like that Sebatron 4000e pre?
Old 20th May 2003
Lives for gear

Im very happy with it, only had it a month and a bit, but so far its been great on everything Ive tried through it.

I initally got it (a 4ch unit) so I didnt have to put toms through the mackie as all my other good pre amps were used up, but Im thinking I like it better for kik, snare and overheads when drum tracking. Now when recording a live band, eveything goes through a outboard preamp, straight to 2", no desk in the path.

Eveyone has their own taste and you may or may not like it, but from me its a big
Old 20th May 2003
Gear Nut

Quote:
Its a new home for my Telefunken EQ's
Hey adamcal.......nice box!

I have a pair of 695's sitting in the corner and they look so sad because they don't have a beautiful house like yours do.....and also because I have been unsuccessful wiring them up. Wondering if you can give me some info on the pinouts for the input, output and power. Also, I bought these things on a whim (if its Telefunken it must sound good, right!?!?!) and need to add them to the arsenal, but I have know idea how they sound. Can you give me your impressions of their quality and usefulness as well as some basic wiring instructions. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 21st May 2003
Lives for gear

For such small little modules the telefunkens have a huge sound. The bottom is what first impressed me, the 60htz is just awesome, I dunno why it sound better than a 60htz lift from any other eq'q, it just does. And the tops are the kind you can put over the 2-mix and it sounds smooth. the mids I have used a bit on guitars to poke the out of a mix without sounding harsh.

I will try to find the pinout for you, its pretty easy and very worthwhile. Also remember you will need a powersuply, I got one from the local electronics shop for about $50

the wood box cost about $20 to make.

Now, impressed with this little box, I have set about making a box for my V72 modules, 4 slots, whole lot more complicated, so far its not going too well. Its so bloddy dificult to get wood to be exactly the size you want, but I got some sandpaper today and will attack it again. Ill post a pic of the results. (If im still alive, and still have all my fingers)
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

ok the new box is finished (after a few failed attempts), how sexy is this.
Attached Thumbnails
Id like to show you my BOX-box-2.jpg  
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

Almost makes the studio look classy (say with a 1920's NY accent). Now what else can I build. Hmm, them black racks are looking kinda dull now.

PS still looking for those pinouts for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Id like to show you my BOX-box-22.jpg  
Old 22nd May 2003
Gear Addict

Hey Adam, that thing must weigh a ton!

I just checked out the site, I live literally a block away, would you mind if I poked my head in one day to have a chat and a look around??
Old 22nd May 2003
Lives for gear

no probs at all, give me a ring.

thumbsup
Old 22nd May 2003
Gear Nut

I found the pinout info I received on the 695's Can you decipher them for me?

Here's what I have:

Input 2/22
Output 6/18
24v 14
0v 13/19/21
chassis 23

Thanks much.
Old 23rd May 2003
Lives for gear

I would take them to you local pro audio repair/tech type dude, they will know what to do.

But basicly the numbers refer to the pin number on the multipin connector on the back of the units, It shows for example that the input hot and cold (+ & -) are pins 2 & 22, and it shows there the power supply leads go.

Old 23rd May 2003
Lives for gear

695 are the bass kings ! I compared them once to my API 550 a's and b's and they won. Rock solid bass, smart in your stomach, Oomph.
Mids are also very very good, but the 10khz high band is horrible. way too harsh.
Anyway, most of the time I use them as sidechain EQ's for my compressors...

kosi
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
โ™พ๏ธ Similar Threads
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear