The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Beware audiomidi.com! my SEM order cancelled Audio Interfaces
Old 28th November 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-cue View Post
I've had issues with them as well. Similar situation where they took my money and it took me forever to receive the items, .....As tempting as their $5 plug in specials are, they've lost me permanantly.

Ditto.
Old 3rd December 2009
Gear Head

Just a quick reply/closure to this thread (sorry for digging it up again)

Audiomidi replied:

Quote:
Hi Laurence,

Thanks for your interest. The special pricing for the SEM is no longer available. The new pricing is now in effect.

Thank you,
Beth Corrigan

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 4:18 PM
To: sales
Subject: Possibility of re-purchase at same price?

Hi Beth,

I would like to purchase the oberheim sem patchpanel version at the
same price I had six weeks ago (at $789), is this still a possibility?

Laurence
Funnily enough, I've had great communication with analoguehaven in the past couple of days. Shawn's even going to test the Cwejman in the doepfer case for me before shipping.
Old 3rd December 2009
Gear Nut

I've never had a problem with audiomidi. Very friendly and helpful group of employees, which is a pretty rare thing these days.
Old 3rd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownian Lotion View Post
Just a quick reply/closure to this thread (sorry for digging it up again)

Audiomidi replied:
Wow, that's poor customer service.
Old 4th December 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHayduke View Post
Wow, that's poor customer service.
agreed!
Old 4th December 2009
Lives for gear

And a phone call to Russ Jones at audioMIDI would have resolved all these problems and eliminated most of the points of contention in this thread.
Old 4th December 2009
Lives for gear

I tend to use Sweetwater for all my gear purchases, and have never had a problem. But I've used audiomidi.com a fair amount and always had good service from them. Regarding Paypal, I use it all the time without ill effect. In fact, I just used it with Scarbee without a problem. Sorry to hear about your problems
Old 4th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Gerst View Post
And a phone call to Russ Jones at audioMIDI would have resolved all these problems and eliminated most of the points of contention in this thread.
Where I work, we check the email adresses we publish.

And we don't expect people on another continent to give us a call at a high expense. That is what email is for, no?
Old 4th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHayduke View Post
Where I work, we check the email addresses we publish.

And we don't expect people on another continent to give us a call at a high expense. That is what email is for, no?
Yes, it's not a great excuse, but some of the older brick and mortar stores are still not running fully in the computer age. Russ Jones, the owner of audioMIDI, is NOT a computer person, and he'd be shocked to read about this thread, but he doesn't use a computer that much. Sometimes, you hafta use a phone if you want something done right.

In this case, audioMIDI lost a decent sale, alienated a potential customer, and got a lot of bad press here; Russ won't be too happy about that. Eventually, they'll learn from their mistakes and set up somebody to handle emails and monitor forums. They're not the only people that have these problems - a lot of companies are guilty of not responding to emails in a timely fashion.
Old 4th December 2009
Lives for gear

FWIW.... I've tried to buy from audio midi on three seperate occasions. On a Jomox piece, a Waldorf piece and the SEM... I've always had a lack of customer service with them. The lost my CC # on an ordered transaction.... the first salesman was a complete idiot... a guitar hero with no knowledge of synth... but made out that he was a synth pro. and i also called to get specific info on the SEM... left a message and got a call back three days later... wtf? I spent close to $80,000 last year on gear... that's my typical... A.M. lost my biz.
Similar can be said for Vintage King
and I had a complete "what the f^^k is wrong with you" moment with Nathan at Atlas. Nasty man.
Thumbs up go to Calistro Music, Sweetwater, Studio Tech Supply, and Mercenary, Analog Haven and Noisebug.
Old 4th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Gerst View Post
Yes, it's not a great excuse, but some of the older brick and mortar stores are still not running fully in the computer age. ... They're not the only people that have these problems - a lot of companies are guilty of not responding to emails in a timely fashion.
Right, thanks for clearing that up.

I guess many of us 'first-timers' are so used to email that we expect the same service regardless.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search