The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
China Mic Trip Pictures and Thoughts Condenser Microphones
Old 30th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post
Oh.
I'm going to take your paint program away.
Old 30th December 2009
Lives for gear

A few attempts of my own attached......

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
China Mic Trip Pictures and Thoughts-mj-mics.jpg  
Old 30th December 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris319 View Post
I'm going to take your paint program away.
You cannot do that. The doctor, he told mommy it was perfectly fine for me to express my creativity, as long as she didn't bring me back.

Wheeeee!
Old 30th December 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcroisdale View Post
The top one and the blue one are my favorites.
Old 30th December 2009
Lives for gear

I like the top one too.

Just trying to get the shape of the J 'stem' and the 'swoosh' transition a little better looking.....

Jim
Old 30th December 2009
Lives for gear

More.....
Attached Thumbnails
China Mic Trip Pictures and Thoughts-mj-mics2.jpg  
Old 30th December 2009
Lives for gear

You guys are all so awesome! Thanks for the contributions Jim - great stuff! Too busy to comment now, carry on! I've got to build up my stock of MJE-K47H capsule heads for "designer spiffs" ; )
Old 30th December 2009
Lives for gear

I like Jim's stuff a lot, I like the whirling hammers too, hehheh, like the blue one too, but maybe in "Caslon outlined" in the initials I don't know, I've been way outclassed, that's what I do know. Jim is gooood.
Old 30th December 2009
Lives for gear

Whew! No pressure guys!

I'm off work at the mo so I'll have another go tomorrow.

Glad you like 'em!

Cheers,

Jim
Old 30th December 2009
Lives for gear

The tilted "J" doesn't work for me; it blows the symmetry.

The one above the green one works if you clean up the circles and snazz up the typeface.
Old 30th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris319 View Post
The tilted "J" doesn't work for me; it blows the symmetry.

The one above the green one works if you clean up the circles and snazz up the typeface.
Remember that logo creator software that was free?
Old 30th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
You cannot do that. The doctor, he told mommy it was perfectly fine for me to express my creativity, as long as she didn't bring me back.

Wheeeee!
Hey, Spinners (wheels) for a mic!

I like this one a lot:

It's something of it's own with the expected Neumann/TF-ish logo behind it.

Hey Sino, can't ya do something like that spinning hammer but make it a guitar with the name Madguitrst on it? heh
Old 31st December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Now that's funny!
Old 31st December 2009
Lives for gear

Well, its 9:18 AM in Taiwan and Sinocelt should be hard at work on another sketch. I'd like to see if some common ground can developed between Sinocelt, DRP, Memphis and Jimcroisdale - good eyes all.

This is a brand identity I'm going to come out of the gate with...and live with for a long time... so I really appreciate the group collaboration and generosity.
Old 31st December 2009
Lives for gear

i thought up some new logos while i was sitting at my computer last night, but just got back from a visit with my doctor to post them.

three are for 'michael joly microphones' and one is for 'michael joly icecream'

now that i have posted these designs, i realize none of them are quiet catchy enough for a logo.

best of luck to the designer on coming up with a logo...........
Attached Thumbnails
China Mic Trip Pictures and Thoughts-joly-icecream-logo.jpg   China Mic Trip Pictures and Thoughts-more-joly-6.jpg   China Mic Trip Pictures and Thoughts-more-joly-logo-5.jpg   China Mic Trip Pictures and Thoughts-mjm-logo-4.jpg  
Old 31st December 2009
Lives for gear

Oh, Tapehiss! I forgot to include you in the list, my apologies. I know there are others too. Everybody who has significant effort in this game is going to get a serious discount on mics from the new line if they want - including you of course. If I've forgotten anybody please remind me!
Old 31st December 2009
Lives for gear

I should have kept my mouth shut about free mics.
Old 31st December 2009
Lives for gear

Has this direction been hashed yet?[/IMG]
Old 31st December 2009
Lives for gear

I think that is the first 3-D treatment of a cube. Nice approach.
Old 31st December 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:

This is great, but remove the word "microphones" and keep the mic icon in the logo.
Just leave your name. Saying "microphones" is redundant and ruins the flow of the logo. I think it would be ideal.
Old 31st December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Joly View Post
Oh, Tapehiss! I forgot to include you in the list, my apologies. I know there are others too. Everybody who has significant effort in this game is going to get a serious discount on mics from the new line if they want - including you of course. If I've forgotten anybody please remind me!

awesome!!!!!!!!! thanks you..... i was getting a little woried because i didn't see any constructive criticism, and when i didn't see my name on your post....
i thought, "damn, i didn't think my designs sucked that bad....."

but thanks for including me...... i feel a little better about my contributions.......

good luck on finding your logo...... you must have over 50 to choose from by now
Old 31st December 2009
Lives for gear

i really like sinocelts wood logo.... i wonder what it would look like if the border trimmed the design instead of being a rectangle?????

nice designs though.
Old 31st December 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryman View Post
This is great, but remove the word "microphones" and keep the mic icon in the logo.
Just leave your name. Saying "microphones" is redundant and ruins the flow of the logo. I think it would be ideal.
Hm. I didn't even think of that. Maybe because I was too focused on aligning the "MIC" of "MICHAEL" and the "MIC" of "MICROPHONES" to consider removing the latter. Anyway, now that you've suggested it, it's obviously worth trying:

Which makes me want to also try:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapehiss View Post
i really like sinocelts wood logo.... i wonder what it would look like if the border trimmed the design instead of being a rectangle?????
The wood panel is, like the chocolate bar that followed, just a potential graphical application of the logo itself.

Among your logos, this one's my favorite:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attac...ore-joly-6.jpg
Old 31st December 2009
Gear Maniac

I like this one too!

Ok, I did a very rough photoshop rendering (photoshop is hard) of the sketch I posted earlier. Anywho, it builds off of many designs already posted. I will play more with the fonts and sizing too.
Attached Images
China Mic Trip Pictures and Thoughts-mjm1.0-copy.jpg 
Old 31st December 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGuitrst View Post
Hey Sino, can't ya do something like that spinning hammer but make it a guitar with the name Madguitrst on it? heh
I'll whip up something fast, but after that, let it be clear that you're the one who's going to "talk about it" with chris319.

Old 31st December 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hm. I didn't even think of that. Maybe because I was too focused on aligning the "MIC" of "MICHAEL" and the "MIC" of "MICROPHONES" to consider removing the latter. Anyway, now that you've suggested it, it's obviously worth trying:

Which makes me want to also try:

The wood panel is, like the chocolate bar that followed, just a potential graphical application of the logo itself.
Oh yes, almost perfect. The top one. I still don't think you need the word "microphones"
Here is what I think might do it.:

First, scale it slightly "fatter" more to the vertical, it is too elongated now without the other word, and:

Second, subtly make the microphone icon look more like a mic. (But don't disturb the great balance you have on that logo, it really is very nice, elegant, classy. A little more firmness/concretion to the mic icon serves the purpose of replacing the word "microphone" yet firmly establishes a "mic" as a mental image. Remember you have about 2 seconds to burn it into a musicians already fizzled brain (-:

(Sorry about sounding like a know-it-all), It's just that I did some of that work a time ago)
Old 31st December 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
(Sorry about sounding like a know-it-all), It's just that I did some of that work a time ago)
So have I (my CV is on my website) and the problem is: I'm starting to remember it -- i.e. the fun is fading.

Don't get me wrong: your suggestions are good ones, very much worth trying out, but there's no end in sight. I think the best thing to do would be (for Michael) to start a new thread, a dedicated thread, to gather not just more opinions but also more propositions and fresh ideas. How many Gearslutz know what's really taking place now in this "Chinese Trip" thread, which I guiltily admit I enthusiastically helped derail?

I also think that Michael should not offer a heavy discount to everyone who submits a logo, not unlike he wants to have to sift through a lot of half-backed I-just-want-the-discount "propositions."
Old 31st December 2009
Gear Maniac

Well, that bottom logo rocks! I'd give you an Addy if I could.

I'm not looking for a discount anyway, just couldn't help admiring that logo!
I worked a bit with Alan Hyatt years ago testing his mics, and trying to talk him out of "Studio Projects" and into "SP" because the mics were so great for the money. (-:
Old 31st December 2009
Gear Addict

Thanks

Quote:
Well, that bottom logo rocks! I'd give you an Addy if I could.

Old 31st December 2009
Lives for gear

+2, nice logo!!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search