The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cranesong tech support
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Cranesong tech support

So my 2nd hand Avocet developed some ugly noises. Bad luck, one has to count with thing like that when buying 2nd hand, no? Now the manufacturer is on the wrong side of the "pond", it takes quite long to ship and the cost of the shipping of this 12kg box would buy you a AKG C414. Great . But what can you do... I've sent it back to Cranesong.

Sean indeed found some failed transistor in the buffer amp, but he also changed the encoder (which I didn't ask for), did some work on headphone amp and recalibrated the steps (some of them were off a bit). Good job!
So I asked about invoice, because I knew warranty doesn't apply to 2nd hand pieces, but the answer was: "don't worry, it's on us". But what I didn't know at that time, they also covered over $500 shipping back. I still can hardly believe that. That and the way they were helpful when some customs problems arose when it hit the "Czech checkpoint".

Thank you Cranesong, thank you Sean and Scott

I hope I find a way to repay you... now how can I do that?
Old 20th November 2009
Engagement Manager

none of what you say surprises me at all
and there are plenty of other threads praising this companies products and their ethics regarding servicing/fixing gear

i think these threads are as important as the ones warning people about bad experiences with companies
if people like cranesong set the bar high enough it might just drag some of the other less discerning manufactures up a little

shows that you can make great products and still be nice people while hopefully making a healthy profit
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

+1 for Crane Song

Once I'd saved my hard earned cash, I bought a HEDD192 and Avocet.

Emails are answered with 24 hours (often within minutes?)

Quality, quality, quality.

I wish I could buy way more Crane song kit, it's without doubt the best gear I own.

Dave Hill is a bit of a genius IMHO.

TMY
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear
Similar experience with the one email I sent to tech support regarding my HEDD. Great product, great company!!!
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Crane song is a fabulus company.

David and Scott are great guys!!

When I did the 192 khz upgrade...I didn't pay a cent....nowhere.

Here in Greece the customs sucks because they wanted me to pay taxes,again, so I could sent the unit to US.

David found a solution.

Greece > UK >US.
US>UK>Greece

And all those without ANY cost!!

Thank you guys!!!
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

+1 for Cranesong! Great support and great products!
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Addict

i'm guessing i'm the only person i know that has had a bad experience with them...
Old 21st November 2009
Engagement Manager

damn G i knew you would chime in!
still your exeriences are as valid as the good ones
Old 23rd November 2009
500 series nutjob

great companies offer awesome service, for that they indeed deserve the ever so earned pat on the back!
Old 23rd November 2009
Lives for gear

I've also had great experience with them.
Their support and quality of the products is great. Same can be said for several other companies but Cranesong is an incredibly nice company.
Old 24th November 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperschool View Post
damn G i knew you would chime in!
still your exeriences are as valid as the good ones

Well, yes, but that's thanks to my dealer - not them. Then again, I won't bad mouth them here, they seem like a very good company, I may have been the exception as they really pissed me off, but hey, I guess it happens.
Old 24th November 2009
Lives for gear

very helpful and responsive. nothing but good things to say about them and their products. i'm the proud owner of the hedd 192, ibis, and stc8. love them all!
Old 24th November 2009
Here for the gear

I've delt with Cranesong before, and my experience was the same. Superb support for everything. The only company I know that goes above and beyond like that is A-Designs.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear