The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any suggestions on a good ADAT interface
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Head

Any suggestions on a good ADAT interface

Not cheap but not 3k? I just bought a 003 rack+ 2 months ago and an Avalon 737sp last week, Come to find out that on my unit there is no way for me to bypass the stock pre's in the 003+. Tried to get the sales guy to exchange (Spent 6k in his store in the last week) and he wont do it. Soo, any suggestions other than don't go back to this particular sales person on a good ADAT Interface? Thank you for taking the time
Old 19th November 2009
I dig the motu stuff (2408 or 828), lots of film guys use that. If you want to step up in the world you could go via apogee but they are nearly double the cost.

MOTU is a great combination of quality and price and I/O's.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
I dig the motu stuff (2408 or 828), lots of film guys use that. If you want to step up in the world you could go via apogee but they are nearly double the cost.

+1 I use the MOTU 2408 to interface my Alesis HD24 as my DA/AD
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post

Yeah, i was looking into motu last night and it seems like quality product reasonably priced. Though i just started recording a few months ago TV, Film etc is kind of where i want to go. I play in a touring band now and have been for many years. I'm thinking when i learn enough about recording to really get started i want away from bands and dealing with "artists". Just be a song writer and not have to deal with anyone elses demons! Haha... Thank you!
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Nut

I use a Apogee Ensemble and compared the AD with the the Digi002,.... Well it opened my eyes(ears).

I did the test with a stereo Oktava, SSL VHD Pre and my drumkit.

The cymbals sounded"open", brighter with the Apogee. And the Digi sounded dull, like there was a plastic bag over the mic(compared with the Apogee)

My 2 cents.
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Head

Thank you for the link!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear