The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Supertrue BIOS settings?
Old 19th November 2009
Here for the gear

Supertrue BIOS settings?

I'm doing some work on an AMEK BIG console with Supertrue automation. The CMOS battery has died and left me with a non-functioning console. Anyone have the BIOS settings for this thing?

Also, is it possible to use the console without the computer hooked up? The console is new to this facility, and when hooked up initially (without the computer) it was acting very strangely (fader resolution was about zero, cracking open the fader the slightest amount would clip the Master bus). When I hooked up the PC, it started working normally. Then, later, I had the PC disconnected and it still was working normally.

We don't really need the automation, and would really like to dispose of the PC if possible. If that's not possible, then I really need to get the PC working.
Thanks!
Old 20th November 2009
Here for the gear

bump.
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Head

My memory of running a BIG is (thankfully) fading. I can attest that it is possible to operate the thing in normal "no automation" made without the computer hooked up. Ran ours for a number of years that way.

I don't have the docs since I sold ours, so I won't be much help other than saying you should be able to have the desk function correctly without the automation computer.

I want to remember that there is some sort of "automation defeat" kind of button on the Master module. Maybe look for that...up high on the strip near the meter bridge...
Old 21st November 2009
Here for the gear

Thanks! That helps a lot just knowing that it should run ok without the PC. I wonder why it was so wigged out the first time I tried it....?
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

because you turned it on with the automation toggled on and no computer was hooked up to complete the control loop when you turned it on.

what are the numbers (usually screen printed) on the motherboard?

post a pic of the insides
Old 23rd November 2009
Here for the gear

ahh. Makes sense. I should be able to get that info tomorrow.
Thanks.
Old 4th January 2010
if you want to sell your computer with the 979 card, let me know...thumbsup
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear