The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
hopfully simple questions
Old 19th November 2009
Here for the gear

hopfully simple questions

few questions regarding PTLE and MP

i understand that you need the hardware ex. digi 002, 003 ect to run le. would the 003
also run MP or would i need an m-audio unit to use MP

i seem to find a lot of discussion about being limited in hardware when using PT, but im curious,
if i were to purchase the 003, would i be able to chain in other products such as an Avalon u5 or presonus products like the firepod ect?...or if i were to purchase the mbox 2 pro, could i do that as well....

bassically, if i purchase the digi interface, am i still as limited as far as what pres i can run into it......?

my english is not so strong, so sorry if this is hard to understand....i know its fairly simple question, but hey, i gotta start somewhere.
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Addict

Hardware compatibilty is clearly defined on the Digidesign website but if you need some one to do a simple search for you, here it is.

Pro Tools M-Powered Compatibility & Upgrade Information
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjellstua View Post
few questions regarding PTLE and MP

i understand that you need the hardware ex. digi 002, 003 ect to run le. would the 003
also run MP or would i need an m-audio unit to use MP

i seem to find a lot of discussion about being limited in hardware when using PT, but im curious,
if i were to purchase the 003, would i be able to chain in other products such as an Avalon u5 or presonus products like the firepod ect?...or if i were to purchase the mbox 2 pro, could i do that as well....

bassically, if i purchase the digi interface, am i still as limited as far as what pres i can run into it......?

my english is not so strong, so sorry if this is hard to understand....i know its fairly simple question, but hey, i gotta start somewhere.
The 003 would need to run PTLE. Only M-Audio interfaces for MP.

Any available line inputs can be used for external pres. Avoid the line ins that are shared with a built-in pre., as the "line" signal will still go through the pre.

You can also use the SPDIF and ADAT connections to incorporate additional external pres.

Welcome to the board. Eventually, you'll get past posters who have no time to answer but will take the time to point out their superior searching and linking skills.
Old 20th November 2009
Here for the gear

thanks a bunch mikeren.....ive spent a bit of time reading forum and sites that at times seem to almost contradict....its nice to get a strait answere before investing....sorry bout the repeat q
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear