The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Do you enjoy Amateur Musician's performance on Youtube?
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Do you enjoy Amateur Musician's performance on Youtube?

I recently started spending my time watching amateur musician's performance on Youtube. I really enjoy their real and raw vibe, even their performance is not even acceptable. They are totally different musicians then people on gearslutz whose music is mostly dead music with wannabe-pro-musician-vibe, as far as I can tell from their uploaded file for AD CONVERTER COMPARISON or whatever.

I'm wondering what you guys think my a bit negative (ultimately positive, I believe) comment.
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Addict
Only if they dont suck. If they do , then no , I dont.

There are some really talented people out there. Like Andy McGee, the acoustic guitarist that simultaneously plays a rhythm slapping his guitar.

Then of course theres the guy that got his guitar last week and felt the need to hurry up and make a youtube video.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

I love youtube for gear demos. Guitars, amps, pedals, drum sets.

The annoying ones are those that talk for 5 minutes first before playing a note, or the guitarists that noodle endlessly without a single chord, or the drummer/guitarist 'covers' where they play along to a song but the song is so loud that's all you hear.

Otherwise awesome. For pure players, the only one I really liked was Ronald Jenkees, partly because he's very good, and partly because he's just a likable guy.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

When they sound and look this good, yep...

Old 19th November 2009
N88
Gear Maniac

Aye, kalimba!

Love has nothing to do with doing anything for money.
Old 19th November 2009
That's the up side of the current situation. There is an up side, though it is cold comfort to the folks being adversely affected. Stuff like that, which you'd never see otherwise, does have a means to get exposed. And some folks have gotten their shot at going to the big show by being noticed on Youtube.
Old 19th November 2009
No, but that's because I don't like stuff that sounds like shit

However, I do enjoy the few I've seen that were impressive and the music/performance resonated with me

HOWEVER, as a fan tool, it's great.. "fans" love stuff that sounds like shit, and they love when you make it as a youtube video, and excuse the shitty sound for the fact that it's a webcam vid.. GREAT IDEA!! (I'm actually serious though.. if you fan base is little girls, you need to start putting up some ghetto ass webcam videos of you singing/playing.. I'm seeing it work for many people these days)
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

I must say I do. I really really love music. Even some stuff that would make most people cringe.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Hell yeah! There are a lot of brillant performances out there.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

love this kids voice

someone sign him !
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Addict

I enjoy if anyone has recorded it quite well.
Personally I think its ridiculous when people tries to show off an amp to other people that might want to buy one. Blasting it and recording it with the camera.

Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

With so much music being offered up on various forums by musos who try like hell to put out a finished and polished project......sometimes with varying degrees of success (present company included).....it's kind of refreshing to see and hear those offerings in the raw and immediate format of Youtube.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

I love it. I love anything that shows someone being creative.

I don't give a shit about the production quality. It's you tube.

Art cannot be defined.

If you like it then you like it. It doesn't matter what someone else thinks.

And I'm an old fart by today's standards.
Old 19th November 2009
Someone just showed me this duo making cool music/videos on youtube... the music is great, but the editing/recording footage makes it even better.

Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

I am one of those amateur youtube artists -

Old 19th November 2009
"cutiman" anybody?! that dude has talent!
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Love youtube!

I'll spend hours watching keyboard demo's by folks, some real geeky stuff.

It's great for gear demo's and it's great to watch someone belt out a song in the raw, very refreshing. I like the guys who do it all, with looper's, finally making it over to the drums and then groovin. thumbsup

There's this guy who does Smith's covers, lots of them , and plays all the instruments well.....(stole my gig! lol!!).

But the best is listening to guitar pedal demo's done nicely......one after the other, for hours on end. Sleepy time.....

steely
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

I don't spend a lot of time watching YouTube videos, but I've been directed to some that are really good.

I think it's cool that we have the ability to do this nowadays. There's good and bad in everything, but I find this to be an overall positive thing.
Old 19th November 2009
Here's one I like that gives you hope for the future. Note she's playing three parts at once. Watch the feet. Only the drums are canned. She has one little flub, but pretty dang impressive for that age.

YouTube - YYZ-RUSH-

Also check out the Carry On My Wayward Son version she does.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by weownyoursoul View Post
Damn! You beat me to it!
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post
Here's one I like that gives you hope for the future. Note she's playing three parts at once. Watch the feet. Only the drums are canned. She has one little flub, but pretty dang impressive for that age.

YouTube - YYZ-RUSH-

Also check out the Carry On My Wayward Son version she does.
Wow!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear