The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dropped my condenser mic!!!! Help!!!!
Old 19th November 2009
Here for the gear

Dropped my condenser mic!!!! Help!!!!

I was just trying to screw my brauner phantom condenser mic onto the stand and it just slipped out my hands! Fortunately the floor is carpeted and it fell evenly but I'm still very worried... How durable are condensers generally, and how can you tell if it has been damaged?

Skilf
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Maniac

sheesh, that stinks. some condensers are very forgiving and some are not. the carpeted floor surely helped. plug it in and see how it's working. if it was damaged you'll probably know right away but i'll bet that it's fine.

good luck,
marco
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilf View Post
I was just trying to screw my brauner phantom condenser mic onto the stand and it just slipped out my hands! Fortunately the floor is carpeted and it fell evenly but I'm still very worried... How durable are condensers generally, and how can you tell if it has been damaged?

Skilf
Not to sound like a smart ass, but I think you just plug it in and see if works! But I believe that is an expensive mic, so contact them and ask them what they would do.
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Maniac

hi Skilf. did everything work out ok with your mic?
Old 2nd May 2011
Here for the gear

Is it possible that after a mic drops and it is damaged, that you would have attenuation problems rather than it just dying off. Lets just say I dropped it a bunch of times over the years. Wouldn't it be less sensitive and lose response at certain frequencies as a result?
Old 2nd May 2011
Lives for gear

I had a case of MXLs get run over by a car. They're dented but work fine. Of course, they're MXLs, so I can't tell if they sound any worse. Just plug it in, you'll probably be fine.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search