The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RedOne Lady Gaga Synths
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

RedOne Lady Gaga Synths

Hey just curious does anyone have any idea what Synths are being used in: "Just Dance" "Poker Face" and Lovegame?"

They all seem pretty similar and Im guessing there Soft Synths.
Old 18th November 2009

I think she uses a Korg.
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-String View Post
I think she uses a Korg.
I'm sure it's more than one synth heh

try here for some insight Secrets Of The Mix Engineers: Robert Orton
Old 18th December 2009
Here for the gear

i know i heard one of the synths he used on just dance on Sylenth. the one that starts at the beginning of the song
Old 22nd December 2009
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose A View Post
i know i heard one of the synths he used on just dance on Sylenth. the one that starts at the beginning of the song
what's the name of the preset?
Old 22nd December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose A View Post
Who did you hear this from? I'm pretty sure it's a Juno 106 synth, and not sylenth1, but hey, gimme the patch and we'll see.
Old 22nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislago View Post
Who did you hear this from? I'm pretty sure it's a Juno 106 synth, and not sylenth1, but hey, gimme the patch and we'll see.

Cool they must have moved the classified section!
Old 22nd December 2009
Lives for gear

He recorded and produced at "my" studio for two weeks this summer. He only used logic and Internal plugins. I set up a midi keyboard and a u67/Avalon 737 during that time. Nothing else was used except for his (and his teams laptops). He worked in logic8 native (refused to use TDM) He's a very nice guy, great producer, good singer and musician.He did productions for 6-7 artists during that time, everything from scratch, even the melodies. According to he team that was his usual way of working.

I can't say I think "analog" when I listen to his productions ..very ITB to my ears.
Old 22nd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffo View Post
He recorded and produced at "my" studio for two weeks this summer. He only used logic and Internal plugins. I set up a midi keyboard and a u67/Avalon 737 during that time. Nothing else was used except for his (and his teams laptops). He worked in logic8 native (refused to use TDM) He's a very nice guy, great producer, good singer and musician.He did productions for 6-7 artists during that time, everything from scratch, even the melodies. According to he team that was his usual way of working.

I can't say I think "analog" when I listen to his productions ..very ITB to my ears.
Cool, thanks for the insight. Do you know which electronic drum VIs/drum samples he was using?
Old 23rd December 2009
Lives for gear

He had his own sample library, one of the producers at our studio said he left his drum sample folder at our drive.

..and I im pretty sure I erased the folder

I have went through a lot of drums samples used by well known producers and It's pretty much the same basic stuff. A lot of samples and some favorites, I'm sure Redone has the basic stuff to.
Old 23rd December 2009
Yes, we are completely native based in logic. (version 9) at this point. Utilizing all the big names in soft synth that you all already know of and have. He's spent a great deal of time (years) developing his own patches and presets.

Same goes for his drums. Some you all have, they are just tweaked and processed a lot, some you don't have and are a result of custom sampling sessions.

The GaGa chain was 47>10 series neve>Cl 1b>apogee ensemble.
Old 23rd December 2009
Lives for gear

I was listening to Gaga on the radio this morning with my 13 year old daughter and pointed out how I loved the fact that they've gone back to vintage buzzy and squeaky subtractive synth sounds. You can program those tones on most any synth, soft or hard, that has the classic oscillator-filter-envelope generator setup, with a little pulse width modulation thrown in.

-R
Old 23rd December 2009
Lives for gear

all VI's & mixed ITB. Proof, it can sound good if u know how.
Old 23rd December 2009
Gear Maniac

I think I heard the the zooming sound scattered all over 'Bad Romance' in a sylenth preset.
Old 23rd December 2009
Lives for gear

Steffo,

Did you happen to see what Soft synths specifically he used?
Old 23rd December 2009
Lives for gear

iΒ΄m a metal head, but i love lady gaga (the music)
itΒ΄s cool, makes fun, very good work, great hooks, great hype
we had a tour end party and went to a gay disco in prague, the only club opnend this time
well, lady gaga, party on
hehe
cheers
Old 23rd December 2009
Lives for gear

Honestly she is an extremely talented singer, pianist, writer, and lyricist. She would still be talented without the genius of Red One unlike many Pop Stars and there producers.
Old 23rd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie T. Ellis View Post
Honestly she is an extremely talented singer, pianist, writer, and lyricist. She would still be talented without the genius of Red One unlike many Pop Stars and there producers.
But the right producer and/or song brings that to the forefront. She was on interscope for quite some time and couldn't get it going until Akon & Red One were paired with her by Jimmy.
Old 24th December 2009
Lives for gear

Good point. :-)

And I must add, Red One is one of the most Fresh Synth Pop Produces Ive heard.
Old 24th December 2009
Gear Maniac

big fan here.
great album.
love listening on the ipod. its full of tripped sounds.
"we're plastic but we still have fun!"

plus she's beautiful. never hurts.
Old 24th December 2009
Lives for gear

I think sometimes she is overlooked as just another Pop Star when in reality, she is MUCH more:
YouTube - Lady Gaga - Paparazzi Acoustic Live @ 95.8 Capital FM

And honestly, Red One's Synth choices are pretty fantastic. I wonder if something like Sylenth1 could get you close to some of the sounds in that ballpark...
Old 24th December 2009
Gear Maniac

Did a Gaga soundalike production recently (that was the brief) and only used sounds in Logic - pretty much nailed the sound. I don't think enough people realise how usable the library of sounds in Logic are for electro pop productions (and for dance/R'n'B pop in general).
Old 24th December 2009
Lives for gear

Really man?!
Old 24th December 2009
Lives for gear

Uh oh, now he want's Logic
Old 24th December 2009
Lives for gear

Actually, I already bought Logic 9 Since that Last convo. :-)
Old 24th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Actually, I already bought Logic 9 Since that Last convo. :-)
Hehe

How you like it man?
Old 24th December 2009
Lives for gear

ALOT man. I feel like it's much more of a creative tool than Pro Tools any day.

Now Im just trying to decide what soft synths to get. Im going to be programming drums in Addictive Drums for the live sounds and Im still deciding if Ill use the Ultrabeat for Programmed Samples or get Battery...
Old 24th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
ALOT man. I feel like it's much more of a creative tool than Pro Tools any day.
That's what I keep hearing...

Hmmm.......
Old 24th December 2009
Lives for gear

Yeah for sure. Anyways, any input on the synths?
Old 24th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by konkaos View Post
all VI's & mixed ITB. Proof, it can sound good if u know how.
Sound good to who? heh
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear