The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studio Design Discussion with wsdg.com in Philadelphia, 11/19 6 pm
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Studio Design Discussion with wsdg.com in Philadelphia, 11/19 6 pm

Hello everyone,
Its been a while since I have been on here. I have been building plenty of rooms, working with some folks and staying off the internet as much as I can.

I have a free recording studio design discussion that I am hosting with John Storyk of WSDG.com coming this Thursday (11/19/09). Please see below for details.

What: John Storyk: Discussing the Science Behind Studio Design: From Jimi Hendrix to Jay-Z
Where: 103 Disque Hall, 32nd and Chestnut st., Philadelphia PA
When: Nov.19th at 6p.m.
This Event is free and Open to the public
Facebook Event:
Login | Facebook

Designing Recording Studios: From Jimi Hendrix to Alicia Keys - An Afternoon With Architect/Acoustician John Storyk

With a 40+ year Curriculum Vitae of design credits for over 3000 world-class audio and video production facilities, including TV studios, radio stations, video suites, high end home theaters, entertainment clubs and theaters ranging from Jazz At Lincoln Center to Le Poisson Rouge, and private studios for such artists as Jimi Hendrix, Bruce Springsteen, Celine Dion, Jay-Z, Whitney Houston, Bob Marley and Alicia Keys John Storyk is one of the world’s most accomplished architect/acousticians.

Mr. Storyk’s presentation will address the myriad variables in site selection, planning and construction. He will stress the importance of building and coordinating a team of experts in systems integration, acoustics, HVAC, furniture and equipment selection, and aesthetics. His detailed descriptions of problem-solving, innovative design solutions and ameliorating client concerns will be illustrated by a detailed Power Point presentation featuring drawings, step-by-step construction photographs and ‘beauty shot’ examples of many of his career highlight studios. The presentation will conclude with a Q&A.

John Storyk, registered architect and acoustician, is a founding partner of the Walters-Storyk Design Group, an international firm with offices in Argintina, Brazil, China, Mexico, Switzerland and the United States. He is a member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA), Audio Engineering Society (AES), a frequent contributor to AES convention papers and professional industry periodicals. A frequent lecturer at schools throughout the nation, he has established courses in acoustics at both Full Sail and Ex'pression Center for the Media Arts, and he is an adjunct professor of Acoustics and Studio Design at Berklee College of Music, Boston
Attached Files
File Type: pdf JohnStoryklowres.pdf (253.3 KB, 257 views)
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear