The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best mid-range DI box for synths
Old 17th November 2009
Here for the gear

Best mid-range DI box for synths

I was just wondering what DI boxes people use when recording their synths. Id like to stay away from the ultra cheap/expensive stuff, I just want a clean and transparent signal.

The only good DI box I've ever used was the Klark Teckniks DN 100, a great clean sound but I don't actually own one. At the moment, I only have one stereo synth and I don't really want to buy 2 KT Di boxes, they're 160euro each.

What other DI boxes would have the sonic equivalents to the Klark T BUT in stereo. Or are there good multiple i/o Di boxes out there as I plan on gettin a few more hardware synths in the future. the only one I saw was the behringer one

i have a budget of around 200-250 for a stereo di, or 500-600 for a multiple di, 6-8 i/o's. There just seems to be so much out there im not sure which is the best option for recordin synths. (somethin clean!)

thanks!
Old 17th November 2009
Jai guru deva om

The Radial JDI Duplex would be an excellent reach, clean Jensen transformers.

War
Old 17th November 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
The Radial JDI Duplex would be an excellent reach, clean Jensen transformers.

War
Thanks for the reply but it's a bit pricey for a stereo DI. There’s a lot of features on it that I don’t need and they seem to increase the price. I don’t really need RCA/XLR inputs, hi-cuts, pads, polarity reversals etc. Just a basic good quality DI with 1/4” ins and XLR outs and whatever else is standard.

Are two Klark tecknik DN100's my best option?
Old 17th November 2009
Jai guru deva om

Never used those.

The Avenson DI boxes are very good (active FET) with no frills and very clean sound, although the new ISO DI does have a transformer output that adds a character option.

War
Old 17th November 2009
Gear Nut

When I want really clean synth tracking, I just run the outputs right into my A/D converters. :-)
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear