The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Adam A7 tweeter replacement advice Studio Monitors
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

Adam A7 tweeter replacement advice

hi, ive been after some adam a7's for a while but not had the cash to buy new. A pair have come up near where i live, the guy says one tweeter is 'damaged but working', after an incident with feeback and reckons that it will need replacing at some point. He says the tweeter still sounds fine and has since used it for over a year after the incident.

I'm tempted because the price is low, but really i dont know anything about how to replace a tweeter/where to get them/cost. How can it be boken and still work? Are their other possible complications i should be aware of?

Can anyone illuminate the pitfalls for me? Is this a good risk, as i could get them for half of the usual second hand price.

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated!
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

The "damaged but working" doesn't sound right , I remember Bryce admonishing someone for a similar situation .
I suspect it would be "damaged and the response is screwed up" .

No one on here can tell you what to do , but you should at least get in touch with Adam and find out the cost of a new tweeter and the installation procedure .
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search