The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arctic Monkeys: Humbug - great production!
Old 16th November 2009
Arctic Monkeys: Humbug - great production!

Hi there,
I'm really impressed by this album "Humbug" by the Arctic Monkeys. What a great record! The drums are so fat and natural, great rooms, great bass guitar. Nice arrangements, cool guitar sounds.

Anybody out there with infos about the recording? Maybe someone on here who was involved in the process? Would be interested in gear details...

Tobias
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

as far as i am aware they recorded it out in the desert with josh homme

i do like the record but im not sure if they really ever understood each other?

but thats just a feeling

Old 16th November 2009
Do you know any details about the recording?
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

nop just what i said which was not much i grant
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Addict

I'm a huge fan of the track "Cornerstone." Love everything about it. I love the video as well. I haven't heard the rest of the album but I understand that the said track is by far the highlight. Never have personally been into their previous stuff - though I find it all excellently done. "Cornerstone" though, that's something special.
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

the music sounds like josh - he played some guitar and lent some BVs here and there apparently...but alex's lyrics are cool - way beyond his years...he's a great story-teller.....it's a cool record for sure: sounds very nice. don't know any production details....going to see 'em on wednesday night which will hopefully be good.

there is some weird sounding bit-crushing strangeness on some of the hats/cymbals though or is it just me?....i am sure it's intentional but it sounds a little off-putting to me but only coz i wouldn't chose to do it myself.....then again i havn't sold millions of records so i will shut up now.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear