The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RenEQ........stereo link disengaged
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

RenEQ........stereo link disengaged

I tracked two very different electric guits the other day....just foolin' around. I liked them so much, though, that I bounced them together so I could cut them up and move them around.

Now I have a song working and I need to EQ them separately. I'm thinking of slapping on RenEQ and unlinking them for individual processing.

Anybody have any words of wisdom on that specific operation? I'm a bit concerned about leaving phasing artifacts.
Old 16th November 2009
FBM
Gear Addict

I would make them both mono. Use the renaissance mono eq on the two individually . Place them both on a buss or group channel with a stereo re-verb. And pan them till they fit in the mix.

Or send left and right to separate channels for eq one mono left one mono right.

Greetings David
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

Thanks, David.

Hmmmm......problem with that is that I tracked the individual guits in stereo.....each to two separate mono tracks and them panned them 'creatively' (not hard panned) before the bounce. So now I have a stereo track with lots of information from both guitars that is spread out a bit.....predominantly, though, on one side or the other.

This is what happens when we experiment, right?

Just checking to see if anybody has gone down this path. I feel more experimentation coming on tonight. I'll try to get these tracks back to mono.....see if I can get myself painted completely into the corner.
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

So........EQ'd each side of the track radically different and It sounds pretty good.

On to the next mad science audio experiment.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear