The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Would anyone with a GREAT monitoring system be willing to check out a mix....
Old 15th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Would anyone with a GREAT monitoring system be willing to check out a mix....

and tell me what is wrong with it?

My room isn't treated that well, just with some rugs here and there. However, when I listen on the monitors the mix sounds good. When I listen on headphones, the mix sounds even better. When I listen on the car radio, it's not wide enough and feels thin and kinda cheap sounding. My wife keeps telling me that mastering will fix that, and I keep telling her it won't... even though I've never had a track mastered before.

So, would any of you guys with great rooms and monitoring chains be willing to check out a mix, and tell me everything that is wrong with it? If so, PM me and I'll send you a download link!

Thanks!
Old 15th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Nobody?
Old 15th November 2009
Lives for gear

there is a 'work in progress ' section where you might get better results.
Old 15th November 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2bonoman View Post
and tell me what is wrong with it?

My room isn't treated that well, just with some rugs here and there. However, when I listen on the monitors the mix sounds good. When I listen on headphones, the mix sounds even better. When I listen on the car radio, it's not wide enough and feels thin and kinda cheap sounding. My wife keeps telling me that mastering will fix that, and I keep telling her it won't... even though I've never had a track mastered before.

So, would any of you guys with great rooms and monitoring chains be willing to check out a mix, and tell me everything that is wrong with it? If so, PM me and I'll send you a download link!

Thanks!
Well, during mastering i've known engineers to stereo widening techniques to help give a fuller sound.. also adds sheen to polish your mix. Your wife may be right
Old 15th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
Well, during mastering i've known engineers to stereo widening techniques to help give a fuller sound.. also adds sheen to polish your mix. Your wife may be right
Yeah but aren't we supposed to get the mix sounding great before sending to an ME? Or maybe the mix sounds good, but just translates very poorly to the car radio...

Anyway, here's the link to the new post in Work in Progress.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/work-...ml#post4785835
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear