The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best Flanger/Phaser Out on the Market Today
Old 14th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Best Flanger/Phaser Out on the Market Today

Well, all right, it doesn't have to be from today, or even out on the open market (the black will do just fine). What in your opinions is the most lush sounding flange or phaser gear available right now?

I'm rebuilding my rig and I'm always open to hearing what the experts have had good experiences with.

PiN
Old 15th November 2009
Check out Effectrode. I'm now (unfortunately) addicted to them. It's unfortunate because they are boutiquey and pricey. But really good stuff. I've got the Tube Drive and the Vibe Chorus is on the way. Here is their phaser:

YouTube - Effectrode Phaseomatic Deluxe
Old 15th November 2009
Gear Maniac

my friend, that is one seriously well designed stomp. Thanks for introducing me to that.

PiN
Old 15th November 2009
Gear Maniac

The Foxrox Paradox TZF is a pretty great flanger.
Old 15th February 2010
Here for the gear

Best freakin' Phaser... and FREE!

I thank the Universe everyday for whoever created the NOMAD free Bundle - Their Phaser is on almost every 1970's-influenced song I record. My vote for the best free RTAS Plug out there!
Old 15th February 2010
Lives for gear

well, the best flange i can think of is two 2" reels playing the same part.

heh
Old 15th February 2010
Gear Maniac

The best Flange could be the EH Deluxe Electric Mistress, or the old ADA flanger. Also the old Boss flanger is very good.
YouTube - Deluxe Electric Mistress - Video by Jack Conte - Analog Flanger

Phaser MXR Phase 90 or better the EH Small Stone.

All very usable.
Old 15th February 2010
Lives for gear
So far, I'd give highest marks to the Foxrox TZF (now discontinued) and the Infinitphase (discontinued and really rare) in their respective categories. I haven't had the chance to check out the Halophase yet (on the 2 year waiting list right now). You can get great sounds from all kinds of different gear and it REALLY depends on what you want to sound like. For the phase sound from Heart's Barracuda, they're now building a copy of the rackmount phaser they used, pretty pricey. I don't think there is just one "best"....
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear