The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Shure KSM313 (Naked Eye Roswellite) Audio Samples
Old 14th November 2009
Shure KSM313 (Naked Eye Roswellite) Audio Samples

Hi everyone,
I was reading the recent discussion on the new Shure ribbons, and being the owner of one of the older Crowley and Tripp Naked Eye Roswellites thought I could make some quick samples on guitar and post them for you guys.

The KSM313 is supposedly identical to the C&T, I can't verify this. But at the very least the two mics should be VERY similar. I'm really only doing this because i think it's a fantastic microphone.

The channel strip is a Great River ME1-NV into a PBC-6A compressor. Guitar is a Telecaster into a Tubescreamer into a 70's Fender Super Reverb. There are 2 DIFFERENT recordings - the Roswellite, and then a 57 in the exact same position (probably the best point of reference for comparison). I tried to play the same sort of thing twice.

Oh and lets leave the quality of my guitar playing out of this discussion :D.
Attached Files

NERoswellite.mp3 (790.9 KB, 3341 views)

SM57.mp3 (552.6 KB, 2881 views)

Old 14th November 2009
Gear Addict

I dont know if is your sound that is that good or is the naked eye?
Old 15th November 2009
Thanks Mat,
Admitted yes I did start off with a very good sound though I've always considered that the essential first step, before microphones, preamps, etc. even become relevant. A U47 in front of a terrible singer still sounds like balls.>!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear