The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hafler "Pro" vs "Transnova" series amps Studio Amplifiers
Old 19th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
I would look at Adcom before I would go with TransNova Haflers. I'm no fan of those at all. On the other hand . . I have a VERY old Hafler (late 70s I believe) that came in a kit where you did all the assembly that is cool.
Yes,, those older series haflers are beautiful sounding amps. AB Mosfets.. If you do a few very simple changes and recap with high quality caps the results are amazing. I just finished doing three of the DH120's and I;m working an al old DH220 that I had for a few years. I experimented with a variety of different cap choices in each of the amps (electrolytics, and high end poly's). Now I can't decide which to keep.
Old 29th February 2016
Here for the gear

I have used several types of Hafler amplifiers. Currently I am running an XL600 on the woofers, a Pro5000 on the midwoofer and a Pro5000 on the dome midranges and dome tweeters. Triamped through a very clean DBX 234 XL 3 way active crossover.
The XL600 does not have the lively and detailed high end that the Pro5000 does. Same shortcoming with the DH200 / 220 series. The Pro5000 has lower distortion figures than the XL600 and many of the other Hafler models and this seems to translate into cleaner clearer midrange and high freqs.
Currently looking at trying out a P1200 as they have exceptionally low distortion specs. May have to bridge them though to get the power.
Old 12th October 2016
Gear Maniac

I've got a PRO2400 warming my toes as I type. And I love it!

I look forward to refreshing it, as I can't imagine how many hours this thing has served, being that it's only been mine for the past few years. I've driven a few different sets of near- and mid-field reference monitors with it. I have used it daily- and for hours at a stretch- since I picked it up 4 or 5 years ago.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search