The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I Love Things That Are Great: The EM-PEQ
Old 12th November 2009
Lives for gear

I Love Things That Are Great: The EM-PEQ

I need more of these things!

I keep putting it on my bass guitar channel because of the fantastic low-end. Why is the low end on this so great? Can someone please explain to me why? 'Cause... it is. That is all I know.

I don't understand circuit topology. I just... try things and either I like them or I don't.

Whenever you describe equalizers, you always end up in a heaping mess of mawkish and useless descriptors, but when people say the word "sweet," I feel like they're talking about this kind of sound.

I only have one of these in my little home rig. I want more. I don't need, I want. Frankly, I cannot be spending money right now, though! I'm on a sabbatical from full-time studio work to devote time to my own music; my income is less than half what it normally is.

'Cause I only have one, I've never used it in a mastering context, although I am curious...

I love things that are great!

More Electrodyne 511s and more EM-PEQs, please, Santa Claus...

- c
Old 12th November 2009
Jai guru deva om

Inductor EQ's rock, and the EM-PEQ is awesome. I put a bunch of files up on my product page recently that show it off on different sources.

Congrats for discovering the PEQ...!

War
Old 12th November 2009
Lives for gear

Seriously want two more. Right now.

Went outside into my yard and waited for God to drop the sack of gold out of the clouds.

I was ready to step out of the way, so it didn't crush me.

I got reflexes like you wouldn't believe.

- c
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear