The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I like Toft Eqs
Old 12th November 2009
Lives for gear

I like Toft Eqs

A lot. Should I just buy a toft product or is there something similar to consider given my "taste" (did I mention I love the Toft EQ?).
Old 12th November 2009
Lives for gear

I'm also interested in this. I need a couple of channels of reasonably priced eq. Was considering Speck but I really like the Toft eq.

Is it possible to bypass the pres in the AFC-2 and use it as eq only?
Old 12th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.F.Sorrow View Post
I'm also interested in this. I need a couple of channels of reasonably priced eq. Was considering Speck but I really like the Toft eq.

Is it possible to bypass the pres in the AFC-2 and use it as eq only?
I have used both so can possibly comment with some basis... apples and oranges. The Speck is much cleaner, like a poor man's mastering EQ. The toft adds gobs of lovely color. I was boosting freqencies I wanted to cut (you know that trick... crank the gain and sweep through to find the "ugly" freqs then cut them?). And it make the ugly freqs nice! I'd reckon the speck is more surgical which is sometimes what is required. Toft more of a color piece.
Old 12th November 2009
Lives for gear

Why not get a Toft ATB and use the line ins and direct outs as eq modules.

-R
Old 12th November 2009
Lives for gear

i have the ATC-2 and you can select the line level inputs instead of the mic pre.
i love the eq and compressor. the pres are ok, but the eq and compressor are awesome. a lot to love about these toft units.
Old 12th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Have you looked into the EQSM1 by S&M Audio? I thought I read a thread about it being like something you may be looking for. It's for the API 500 series format so it would give you room to grow if you want more. The web site is S & M Audio - minneapolis

my first post, woo!
Old 12th November 2009
Lives for gear

I have the AFC-2. I actually don't mind the pre's, they're not as bad I have read.
I've just started using it for bass di, too.
The eq is really great, though. You can run a mix through it and boost
100hz and 8-12k a couple of db and it doesn't get muddy or harsh.
You can bypass the mic pres and just use the eq.
Old 12th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchhare View Post
I have the AFC-2. I actually don't mind the pre's, they're not as bad I have read.
I've just started using it for bass di, too.
The eq is really great, though. You can run a mix through it and boost
100hz and 8-12k a couple of db and it doesn't get muddy or harsh.
You can bypass the mic pres and just use the eq.
Yeah I bought an afc on eBay for $500. Seemed about right. It actually has more features on the EQ than than the ATB or ATC.
Old 12th November 2009
Jai guru deva om

Danny, the new Square State Solid State Model One B that was just announced in the New Product forum is coming out swinging hard at $499 for USA made inductor equalization...!

Hope yer doin' well up there - War
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Danny, the new Square State Solid State Model One B that was just announced in the New Product forum is coming out swinging hard at $499 for USA made inductor equalization...!

Hope yer doin' well up there - War
Yeah thanks War I'll check that out. I never loved the pultec style eq and the toft really blew me away (always enjoyed the 80B too) but maybe the One B is different...
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear