The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves Plug-ins not showing up since my new PT8/Leopard switch?
Old 12th November 2009
Waves Plug-ins not showing up since my new PT8/Leopard switch?

Pro Tools LE 8 - Mac G5 OS 10.5.7

Ilok is good. When I open a session, all of my old 3rd party plug-ins will not show. I get the error telling me that they are not in the 'plug-ins' folder. In the past, these have worked fine out of my 'Applications' folder. Moving them to the 'plug-ins' folder did not solve the issue. What am I missing? Having trouble finding any updates, etc.

Thought I'd hit you guys up whilst I try to figure this one out....

Any help is greatly appreciated.

danalog
Old 12th November 2009
Sounds like you haven't actually installed the 3rd party plugins if none of them are showing up.

Download the relevant installers (you're probably still on V6 of waves if you've not updated your ilok recently, so downloading the latest V7 probably won't work, you'll need V6), install and off you go.

Whilst some plugins may have a folder in Applications, (such as waves), you still need the (in Waves case, it's called Waveshell) in the plugins folder in order for PT to "see" the plugins. Don't go moving things around from applications to plugin folder, that's just silly - your plugins have never been in the applications folder.
Old 12th November 2009
Thanks for the reply. I'll try the updates.

danalog
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear