The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best Plug-In bang for the buck?
Old 19th November 2009
Here for the gear

how to install plug ins for pro tools

Good day to all,
i am very new to this so please help me. i am using pro tools 7.3 mpowered m-audio firewire 1814 and my pc spec are:
Chipset: VIA P4M890
Processor: Intel Pentium D @ 2666 MHz.
Physical Memory: 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM)
Hard Disk: WDC (1000 GB)
Hard Disk: WDC (80 GB) start up drive.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
•CPU Family: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.66GHz Model 4, Stepping 7
•CPU Speed: 2666 MHz
can someone please help me with plug ins? how do i install plug ins,i have downloaded the extensive RTAS.vst DXi. plug in collection which includes waves and antares plug ins but i didnt get the installers are authorization codes. i never did this before so i am a dummy can someone walk me tru this step by step. where can i down load free plug ins and how do i install them to work wit pro tools. please please sumone help
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by james bond View Post
Good day to all,
i am very new to this so please help me. i am using pro tools 7.3 mpowered m-audio firewire 1814 and my pc spec are:
can someone please help me with plug ins? how do i install plug ins,i have downloaded the extensive RTAS.vst DXi. plug in collection which includes waves and antares plug ins but i didnt get the installers are authorization codes. i never did this before so i am a dummy can someone walk me tru this step by step. where can i down load free plug ins and how do i install them to work wit pro tools. please please sumone help

.........you need to start a thread asking this question instead of asking in the middle of another one. I like Pro Tools but installing everything takes patients and lots of time. You also need an Ilok account and Ilok dongle. You might start a thread and Im sure someone will add more to the info but first do a search because there is a mountain of info on GS. Even better you can find lots of Pro Tools info at
- Pro Tools Forums

EDIT: 11-20-09 I just read the part where you downloaded pirated plugs. NOT a good thing. Your computer will get virus' & and you'll wind up in the pokey........ If you can't afford the plugs, you don't need 'em.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
So are you saying that you downloaded a bunch of pirated plug-ins and you're coming to GS to find out how to make them work? ]
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Good day to all,
For f*ck sake.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Good day to all,
Get ahold of these guys - Business Software Alliance
They specialize in helping people like you!!!
Old 4th December 2009
bee
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by carllock View Post
All I can say, it's just sounds like butter...wait deep fried stick of butter!

Try for yourself but don't tell your Cardiologist I sent ya:

Variety Of Sound

Who makes this?
Old 4th December 2009
Lives for gear

izotope ozone 3 for mastering.
GT.
Old 4th December 2009
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:
Good day to all,
Buy them!!!!! Then you will have codes....waves and antares plug ins together in a bundle huh ..stop stealing shit man!!
Old 4th December 2009
Gear Nut

get an ilok license for stuff on ebay, that way you can get bomb factory stuff and things like the focusrite d2/d3 for about the price of massey plugins.
Old 5th December 2009
Lives for gear

One thing about the VoS Density mkII - it looks like a 670, but is very different than the T-racks 670 (which is supposed to be a very close emulation of an actual unit), and a little harder to use.

That said, I've spent some time messing with it and it's probly the best free compressor I've found (assuming you don't include all the tape emulators in the category of compressors). But be sure to read the manual, it isn't terrible intuitive the way the controls are labeled. As far as I can tell, Drive does nothing if you aren't using the sidechain and Range is the threshold control that decreases the compression as you turn it up (like the 670, sort of).
Old 5th December 2009
Deleted 99dc753
For me price vs. what you can get....

Demo the PSP Oldtimer.
Demo the Waves SSL Bundel.

The Oldtimer is amazing and after my demo period I thought a long time if digital is too bad. The Waves SSL Strip is a thing I use on nearly every mix ... I love it even with the dam WUP....
Old 17th December 2009
Well if you don't already have them, get Brainworx Cleansweep and Flux Bittersweet. Two plugins I use on all of my groups and they are... FREE!

If you really want to spend money though, best bang for your buck:
Massey L2007 limiter (the best limiter out there)
If you want to spend a little more: Sonnox Elite Bundle (With Education discount it is quite cheap, and let's be real, most of us are either music students or music teachers...
Old 17th December 2009
Lives for gear

Massey plugs! Best plug-ins and not only for the buck. Beats many much higher priced alternatives.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear