The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wanna trade or loan gear? - Los Angeles and Beyond
Old 11th November 2009
Lives for gear

Wanna trade or loan gear? - Los Angeles and Beyond

Not sure if this is the right spot for this but it would cool if there was some sort of a gear exchange collective. You borrow gear you need for a particular session and in exchange lend out gear when others need it. I've done this with friends but was thinking would be cool on a little bigger scale, more variety in choices. Kind of a cost effective co-op for those that have nice gear but only use it occasionally.

My needs in particular in the near future include a summing box, 2 bus eq, and 2 bus compressor. I can offer nice mic pres and nice guitar gear in return.
Old 11th November 2009
Gear Addict

Could be cool... but so sketchy at the same time. Might work on a local scale... where you can actually meet the people involved to make sure you don't get screwed out of gear...
Old 11th November 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRCS View Post
Could be cool... but so sketchy at the same time. Might work on a local scale... where you can actually meet the people involved to make sure you don't get screwed out of gear...
I agree, it does sound great but I am very anal about my gear, I have loaned my ex drummer a beta 52 before but I decided to stop it, the main reason if he breaks it he cannot afford to replace it...simple but the truth.

Good idea but does not work for me......sorry
Old 11th November 2009
Lives for gear

yeah was definitely thinking more local where people meet and get to know each other. i'm not crazy about lending out mics but rack gear is pretty rugged
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear