The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rosetta 800 Help
Old 10th November 2009
Here for the gear

Rosetta 800 Help

I have a Digi 002 and a Rosetta 800. A couple weeks ago, everything was working fine. I borrowed the Rosetta out to a friend for a while and after getting it back I have a strange problem.

I can get Protools to lock onto the Apogee's clock and recording audio through the Rosetta analog inputs is no problem. I can't, however, monitor out through the Apogee's analog 1-2 outs. The ADAT light on source to analog outs is blinking, even though protools seems to be locked to the clock signal. I've tried switching optical cables around but I can't get that ADAT light to stay lit and pass audio out to the monitors through ADAT 1-2. In Protools, I can select ADAT 1-2 as an output and the master fader for ADAT 1-2 shows activity, but no lights on the Rosetta itself indicating signal out. I also tried ADAT 3-4 as an output but got the same results. I have a feeling the problem lies somewhere in being able to get the ADAT light to stay on.

Am I missing something really simple here or is my rosetta in need of repair? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Using PT LE 8.0, Mac OS 10.5.8, Macbook Pro.
Old 10th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Without having yours in front of me all I can tell you is:

Your 002 should be clocking from the Rosetta's internal clock (you don't have to, but I would.) Source to Digital outs should be Analog (shouldn't matter for playback), and Source to Analog output should be ADAT.

Make sure your bit depth and sample rate are correct.

And of course the obvious:

Double check everything is plugged in correctly, 2 ADAT cables (ins and outs.)

Good luck.
Old 29th March 2016
Here for the gear

I have the same problem, triple checked everything , how did you solve it?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear