The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mixer for routing?
Old 9th November 2009
Gear Head

Mixer for routing?

OK, so I just got a bunch of recent studio upgrades.

Now i just need to know what gear i need in order to fill in the gaps and conect everything together. How do i route in my monitors? head phone splitter? what cables do i need?

the gear is:
Motu 24 I/O
John Hardy M-1 Pre-amp ( 4 channels)
Daking IV Preamp (4 channels)
True Systems Precision 8 (8 channels)

Presonus HP4
Adams A7's
Mackie 624's

So i guess what mixer do i need in order to connect all this stuff without compremising my pre's/converters?

I do not need a mixer to have any preamps or really many channels. Just need enough to connect all this stuff.

would i connect it like:?

All the mic's plugged into the inputs of the preamps (john hardy, daking, true systems) and the balanced outputs from the pre's into the in's of the motu 24 io.

Go it, but then how do i get the signal out of the Motu to a mixer? and then send that output to both pairs of monitors and the HP4?

what kind of mixer should i get in order to keep the truest replication of sound to send to my monitors?

Thanks!

-Ian
Old 9th November 2009
Gear Addict

If I were you, I would install a patchbay, with the usual configuration normalled.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear