The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dynaudio Service and Repair in USA
Old 8th November 2009
Lives for gear

Dynaudio Service and Repair in USA

Has anyone had any need for service and repair on Dynaudio monitors in the USA? I contacted their service emails, but was wondering if anyone on here has dealt with them. Are they responsive or is it a black hole?

My BM6a's took a full scale blast of white noise the other day from a buggy plugin and are now distorting electronically. I'd like to get them in ASAP since I'm leaving the country for 3 weeks next Wednesday. It would be great to get a head start on the repair while I'm out of the studio.

Thanks!
Old 8th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley View Post
Has anyone had any need for service and repair on Dynaudio monitors in the USA? I contacted their service emails, but was wondering if anyone on here has dealt with them. Are they responsive or is it a black hole?

My BM6a's took a full scale blast of white noise the other day from a buggy plugin and are now distorting electronically. I'd like to get them in ASAP since I'm leaving the country for 3 weeks next Wednesday. It would be great to get a head start on the repair while I'm out of the studio.

Thanks!
I don't know if this will help you... But I was OPs manager for Guitar center for a few years and they always seemed very prompt and responsive, but thats also with a large chain as opposed to a consumer so I don't know how well that will translate. How long have you had them?
Old 8th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3altruth View Post
I don't know if this will help you... But I was OPs manager for Guitar center for a few years and they always seemed very prompt and responsive, but thats also with a large chain as opposed to a consumer so I don't know how well that will translate. How long have you had them?
8 years or so. I know the warranty is out, but I'd like to get them off for repair since I'll be gone for 3 weeks, but I only have Mon/Tues to make it happen!

That would be a good head start for me. I know tc electronic does some repair and service for them so that may be an option, or there may be someone here around Tampa that could fix 'em. It sounds like something in the x-over.

Thanks for the info!
Old 8th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley View Post
8 years or so. I know the warranty is out, but I'd like to get them off for repair since I'll be gone for 3 weeks, but I only have Mon/Tues to make it happen!

That would be a good head start for me. I know tc electronic does some repair and service for them so that may be an option, or there may be someone here around Tampa that could fix 'em. It sounds like something in the x-over.

Thanks for the info!
Try calling your local Guitar center and asking who they use for out of warranty repairs? I bet they use a really close speaker place that could do the work, probably even a place authorized by DA
Old 8th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3altruth View Post
Try calling your local Guitar center and asking who they use for out of warranty repairs? I bet they use a really close speaker place that could do the work, probably even a place authorized by DA
I will...thanks again!
Old 12th February 2010
Here for the gear

How did this work out? I'm in the same situation and am getting no response from TC.
Old 18th May 2019
Here for the gear

Any and all Dynaudio repairs, for when Dyn/TC won't get back to you (like they haven't been getting back to me):
Brian Thompson
805-794-7130

http://www.tnrelectronics.com/
Old 19th May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by esroberto View Post
Any and all Dynaudio repairs, for when Dyn/TC won't get back to you (like they haven't been getting back to me):
Brian Thompson
805-794-7130

http://www.tnrelectronics.com/
this!
Brian serviced my M1’s a few years ago. No problems at all. Was glad to have someone in town. I’m in LA. :Thumbsup:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search