The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Eckmiller TS10 Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 21st September 2005
Gear Head

Eckmiller TS10

Hi Oliver
I was wondering if it is possible to modify my Ecmiller TS10 Hp filters so I could switch the bottom 2 cutoff frequencies from 40hz to 20hz and 56hz to 30hz. I have read posts on other forums stating that just changing cap values would achieve this on LC circuits or would it invovle new inductors and more complication?

Dolo
Old 21st September 2005
Gear Nut

Hello Dolo,

the Eckmiller filters are virtually impossible to modify. If someone told you so that you only have to switch the capacitor values, he never worked or looked inside one of these great mechanical examples of german craftsman ship.
Nearly all of those filters are mechanical driven/adjustable inductors and capacitors, some of them have stepped/tapped inductors but still the variable capacitors. So quite impossible to change/modify it.

The TS10 (Tiefen Sperre) is a switchable high pass filter, if you need the manual please contact me via [email protected].

The filter/low cut center frequencies is adjustable to 40/56/80/113/160/226/320/452 and 640 Hz with 24dB an octave.

Hope that helps,

Oliver
Old 21st September 2005
Gear Head

Eckmiller TS10

Thanks for the reply. I thought this would be the case. Still they are very useful and easily the best hp filters ive used. I have the brochure and circuit description but i wondered if you had any info/link on the whole range of filters they produced?.
Old 24th September 2005
Lives for gear

Hey Dolo, here are a few pics, click "used, eqs" lower left side

http://www.sonicworld.de/preamps_eqs.html
Old 25th September 2005
Gear Head

eckmiller TS10

Thanks for the link. I am using the TS10's with a v672/2 and was wondering if there is an optimum impedance they are designed to see with the make up amp.
Old 28th September 2005
Gear Nut

If you run the V672/2 after the Eckmiller, make sure you have the proper strapping resistors on the V672, personally I would run the V672 into Eckmiller.

The best match for your Eckmiller would be a V72a! before or after, what ever sounds best to you.

Best regards,

Oliver
Old 28th September 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver archut
If you run the V672/2 after the Eckmiller, make sure you have the proper strapping resistors on the V672, personally I would run the V672 into Eckmiller.
May I ask, why ? I never even thought about this order ...
I was very surprised in the huge sonic differences with different preamps behind the TS 10. I'm running mine trough 672/2 and when it's a very beautiful day, I use my V76.

regards,
kosi
Old 2nd October 2005
Gear Nut

All passive EQ units are very sensitive to impedance and level hook up, just by placing the buffer amp in front of the unit pushes the iron components into a different stage of flux (due to the higher signals) so they react quite different, as you already pointed out there is a huge difference in sound at the output.

Give it a try...

Best

Oliver
Old 3rd October 2005
Gear Head

Thanks for the info I tried the ts10 after the 672 and it worked well and did sound very different from infront of the 672, more transparent (better matching) but still with the same functionality. I will probably still use both depending on application.
I have also just purchased an eckmiller W86a and wondered if the same was true of this device, after the makeup gain?

Thanks Dolo
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search