The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UAD Delay Compensation Plugins for Protools. Does it Work? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

UAD Delay Compensation Plugins for Protools. Does it Work?

UAD has a delay compensation to use with their plugins.I have UAD plugs in sonar but am intrested in adding PT LE 8. So does anyone know if these plugins really fix the issue with Protools and UAD plugins?

Also where is delay compensation a problem in protools,just other certain CPU intensive plugs like Waves? And would this UAD delay compensation correction plugins work for these situations too?
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

The UAD DelayComp plugin, in my opinion, is easier to use than the ATA plugin from mellowmuse.

Does it completely fix the issue? No, not really, you still have to remember to add value to each track that needs compensation as you add/remove effects, but at least you don't have to worry about un-solo'ing or un-muting tracks, making sure you don't have any faders all the way down, and bypass reverbs and delays before adjusting the ATA.

Digidesign, if you're reading this - look, I'm down to give you $500 if you add ADC and VST support (without the need of a wrapper) in PT. Cash Money, Digi; Cash.
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
Digidesign, if you're reading this - look, I'm down to give you $500 if you add ADC and VST support (without the need of a wrapper) in PT. Cash Money, Digi; Cash.
There's always Cubase, Logic, and Sonar -- pick one, come over to the dark side.
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

the mellowmuse ata plugin is easier than the delay comp plugin for me to use. so there you go, both sides. try and see what works best for you.
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Mark View Post
There's always Cubase, Logic, and Sonar -- pick one, come over to the dark side.
"....Don't fear the Reaper"
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Mark View Post
I do use them,but my school uses PT so Im learning how to use it very well and Im getting comfortable with the hot keys which speed things up. PT is great for editing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search