The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
API lunchbox question 500 Series EQ\'s
Old 7th October 2009
Here for the gear

API lunchbox question

Hi braintrust -

Will phantom power from a console damage the modules in my lunchbox? I have two 512c's and two 550b's, powered by a Chandler PSU. I lent it to a friend (how many stories start this way?) and it came back not passing signal. (Not through the eq's or out of the pre's.) My friend said of the preamps, "It sounds like it's coming through a bad radio." Meters on the front show input. I've reseated the cards and the fuse in the PSU is fine. The only thing I can get from my friend is that phantom power was on on the console for some amount of time. Any thoughts?
Old 7th October 2009
Gear Head

If phantom power was applied to the output of your modules, it is possible that it may have damaged the output section of the module(s).

I would try to get a hold of another 512 or 550 to try in the rack to eliminate the possibility that it may be the rack. I somehow doubt that though.

Good luck.

Mike
Old 7th October 2009
Here for the gear

sigh...

Thanks, Mike.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search