The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
One hardware verb box. Print mix and overdub?
Old 1st October 2009
Lives for gear

One hardware verb box. Print mix and overdub?

Oh boy! So I'm finally getting my Lexicon MPX-1 to speak my language in the reverb department. I've programmed a few verbs I'm really diggin', and they work for drums, guitar, bass, and even vocals. Great unit! The problem is, there are too many cool sounds in this thing.

I've been content with using the same setting for all instruments per song and have it set up on 2 Aux sends. But now I've found these killer delay/ reverb/ chorus settings with some cool panning effects, and want to use it for a guitar track. This would require printing what I've got now and freeing up my box to use for this guitar track. This isn't really a problem, I would just have to sculpt my future vocal track into this instrumental and use up two more tracks in my Akai. I could always just print this new part, and then return back to regular settings for everything else. OR i could buy another box.heh

What have you guys done about this type of thing? Just wondering if I'm overlooking something ovious.

Cheers,
Steelyfan
Old 1st October 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyfan View Post
This would require printing what I've got now and freeing up my box to use for this guitar track.
Print the crazy guitar effects, etc. and leave the vocal processing for the final mix. The vocal will always require fine tuning down to the last second. Or re-mixes. Or...

But a panned delay, crazy chorus guitar effect... you usually know when you've got it. Print it. Save the original. heh
Old 1st October 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyfan View Post
OR i could buy another box.heh
This is the correct answer. You will eventually. It is your destiny.
Old 1st October 2009
Lives for gear

You could print the FX return on an audio track, and free up your FX unit for other duties.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search