The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tom Anderson guitar neck...
Old 26th September 2009
Lives for gear

Tom Anderson guitar neck...

In a strange moment of reflection today i realized the only thing that i have owned for more than 3yrs is my Tom Anderson guitar neck on my #1 strat...

i got it from Tom in 1987, i was told it was one of the last necks to leave his factory before he started building full guitars, he also told me on the phone personally, when i called to ask why it was taking so long, (6 months, i was an impatient 15yr old) he was having a hard time finding a tree THICK enough.... i have big hands....
Attached Thumbnails
Tom Anderson guitar neck...-darla2.jpg  
Old 26th September 2009
Gear Nut

I guess constantly swapping out gear can be a good thing if you're either making money on it or upgrading everything to the max, but it must be hard to ever get to know the intricacies. Maybe that's less true for gear in general than for instruments, where it's more like a partner or a lover, the real intimacy comes with familiarity and the time you put into it.
Old 26th September 2009
Gear Guru

I have my beloved '79 Anderson era, Schecter USA Custom Shop PJ bass with a Tele Bass neck.

This bass was one of the very first year of production where they were building
complete guitars.

Back then, it actually did take them 6 months just to find a large enough, strong enough
piece of Koa for this one piece body.

One of my friends owns a 2 piece near twin to this in a fretless built at the same time.
They were delivered together on our custom orders.

The body is a solid piece of top grade Koa with a Pau Ferro neck, natural oil finish.

There is only one way to describe the way this guitar plays, smooth.
This is one seriously fine guitar although the gold hardware didn't hold up
very well.

This is my aggressive bass, which I have set up with the low 4 strings of a 5 string set.

This clip shows you how it sounds through a great amp.

YouTube - Reeves Custom 225 '79 Schecter USA Custom Shop

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search