The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Outboard Pres - HD24 - Ghost - Oz Audio HM6. Anybody similar?
Old 9th May 2003
Gear Addict

Outboard Pres - HD24 - Ghost - Oz Audio HM6. Anybody similar?

just wondering if anybody may be using the above as a system?

If so, wondering about how you monitor with the HM6 while tracking through outboards into HD24? Cable-wise that is?

Ciao,

woods
Old 9th May 2003
Lives for gear

....HD24-Ghost-pre du jour.......the ins and outs on the HD24 are analog. You simply return all your channels to the tape ins on the Ghost. Go direct from any outboard source in to the HD24, set the HD24 to the correct monitoring selection and listen to your track through the appropriate buss on the Ghost. All cables will be TRS as all of the jacks on the Ghost and the HD24 are balanced 1/4". Your outboard pre may be XLR....The Ghost has alarge array of patchable options as far as monitoring any source. I usually listen to tracks through the 'B' buss as i can get a pan and high and low eq to the phones if i need it but the 'A' buss is what i use to mix with.There are also lots of auxes if you need a complicated headphone mix at tracking(ie some jackass wants only himself and just bits of other things). Its your call...........

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search