The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Radar II DVD-Ram drives?
Old 18th September 2009
Gear Nut

Radar II DVD-Ram drives?

Hello,

I will soon be purchasing a RADAR II from a friend of mine, and I'd like to know what DVD-RAM drive is recommended for installation in this machine. I'm not sure what software version he's running on it, but I think it's 2.54.

Secondarily, would this drive be compatible with a pc, should I want to install one in my pc as well (to make transfers and back ups)?

Thanks!
Old 18th September 2009
Gear Maniac

Have you visited the IZ website and searched for this information?

I recommend the Forum section that they have. You would most likely receive an answer much faster.

iZ Technology Corporation | Home

As far as your drive question goes...

It is a standard SATA drive. The back up information will be formatted to a RADAR specific file so you can not open these files with out a RADAR unit.

Will this be your sole multi-track? Or will you be using this in parallel with a DAW?
Old 18th September 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonicBreed View Post
Have you visited the IZ website and searched for this information?

I recommend the Forum section that they have. You would most likely receive an answer much faster.

iZ Technology Corporation | Home

As far as your drive question goes...

It is a standard SATA drive. The back up information will be formatted to a RADAR specific file so you can not open these files with out a RADAR unit.

Will this be your sole multi-track? Or will you be using this in parallel with a DAW?
I have looked on the forum there and did not see this information. I also posted there with no luck.

As far as the file type, the older Radars recorded wav files, no?

It will be my main unit, hopefully. While I prefer to work with Radars, extensive editing and such is easier on a DAW, hence the search for a compatible drive to do transfers.
Old 18th September 2009
Lives for gear

You should just email IZ, they've always gotten back to me super quick and have been very informative and helpful.
Old 18th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Williams View Post
I have looked on the forum there and did not see this information. I also posted there with no luck.

As far as the file type, the older Radars recorded wav files, no?

It will be my main unit, hopefully. While I prefer to work with Radars, extensive editing and such is easier on a DAW, hence the search for a compatible drive to do transfers.
No, Radar IIs do not record to .wav files.
Old 18th September 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
No, Radar IIs do not record to .wav files.
correct.

i`m using the otari ufc 24 format converter unit to transfer files via adat.
as for the dvd writer: i don`t know which ones are authorized.
my radar still has the exabyte tape thingy.
there used to be informations about this on the otari homepage but it seems to be gone for whatever reason.

best

holger

Last edited by odeon; 18th September 2009 at 10:44 PM.. Reason: bad english
Old 19th September 2009
Gear Nut

Hmmm... Well I emailed IZ, but the only reply I got was from someone trying to sell me a Radar V. No real help at all... Thanks everyone.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search