The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Studio/workstation furniture
Old 7th May 2003
Studio/workstation furniture

I need to find some good studio furniture. Omnirax is the idea, but they don't have the *perfect* unit for what I'm looking for. Are there any similar companies to Omnirax making stuff like that?

I looked at Raxess but it's more frame kind of stuff, not full furniture that gives you the feel of a big workstation.

Specifically, I'm looking for a large table (to hold an 88-key keyboard central), with space for at least two computer monitors (central) and obviously studio monitors on the side. Rack space is welcome but not essential, and I don't need a lot of it.

I've looked at office supply stores (OfficeMax, Staples, etc.) but their tables are all too small to hold an 88-key keyboard.
Old 7th May 2003
Gear Head

altoid-

I would say at least price-wise and construction-wise go with omnirax. They didn't have what i wanted at first either, BUT They will do custom work, and they will do it right.

I wanted the MAK24 set up but needed the sidecars separated, the monitor shelf extended and lowered, and a few other little things. They did the job in under 5 weeks, and shipped exactly what I ordered.

Just take any model they have, or draw one up yourself and call customer service and ask to speak to someone about doing custom work.

-dizzy
Old 8th May 2003
Here for the gear

The Argosy stuff is a step up in both look and price over Omnirax
Old 8th May 2003
Gear Head

True-

The Argosy stuff is phenominal, and actually a better set up, BUT at the same time MUCH pricier. Also depending on how much room you have as well, the argosy stuff takes up a lot of space. But in my case i had little room to work with. SH*T, if you got the space, then definitely go for it.
Old 14th May 2003
Gear Nut

Hire a carpenter (or a compotent buddy) to build you something custom. I imagine the total cost would be similar to the ominrax ready-made stuff and it will be exactly what you want.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search