The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Quick ITB/OTB (summing) question
Old 5th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quick ITB/OTB (summing) question

Alright chaps!

Just wondered if my (home) ITB mixes would benefit being routed through the local studios Audient desk (tht I work at)? Just the whole stereo mix (from Logic at home) in PT out of the Rosetta into the desk (channels 1 and 2) and back into PT (or onto CD). I know that lots of AD/DA conversion can be detrimental but I dont really have much knowledge on it all.

Thoughts?
Old 5th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakiekid View Post
Alright chaps!

Just wondered if my (home) ITB mixes would benefit being routed through the local studios Audient desk (tht I work at)? Just the whole stereo mix (from Logic at home) in PT out of the Rosetta into the desk (channels 1 and 2) and back into PT (or onto CD). I know that lots of AD/DA conversion can be detrimental but I dont really have much knowledge on it all.

Thoughts?
I guess just taking the stereo output thorough the desk will not bring a lot to the table.

Make your mix on the console route out the single tracks thats what the console is about??

If it is nicer to you is a different story who knows if this improves anything total subjective.....it is music know one knows if you like it more.
Old 5th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HOLMES View Post
I guess just taking the stereo output thorough the desk will not bring a lot to the table.

Make your mix on the console route out the single tracks thats what the console is about??

If it is nicer to you is a different story who knows if this improves anything total subjective.....it is music know one knows if you like it more.
Yes but I will have to book some of my own time to mixdown on there, to be honest the mixes I have here are good but I'd like to get that open, wide OTB feel if I can, I dunno, I may try it one afternoon to compare and post here.

I suppose I'd be better off bouncing down all my bus tracks and balance them through the desk?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search