The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roland V-Drums
Old 5th September 2009
Gear Head

Roland V-Drums

Good morning/afternoon/evening.
I wonder if any V-Drum owners could please help me with a very silly question, but one which I cannot find online yet, although I will keep Googling.
As I am typing this I am realising that an owner's manual PDF with assembly details may give me the answer, so I will try standing on my own two feet, but like I said, perhaps someone here will be so kind as to put me out of my misery.
I want to buy a set of V-Drums (mesh) for my own use in my studio and would like to build the kit up piece by piece (for reasons that could stray into a seperate debate etc).
To avoid me calculating an incorrect budget and shopping list, could somebody please tell me which small bits and pieces are required ASIDE from the module, loose pads and stand?
Are there any little clamps, adapters, knuckles or whatever that are NOT necessarily a given if I were to buy some of the bits used?
What I am worried about is, for example, buying a new module, a used "stand" and then perhaps a few used "mesh pads" and finding that you still need a whole bunch of £50 "whatevers" to actually set it all up.
Thanks for any help.
Rack
Old 5th September 2009
Lives for gear

I'm not a drummer, but bought a Vsession Pro set for the studio about 6/7 years ago. I would imagine that purchasing individual components would include the clamps/brackets to mount to the rack, however buying used, I would ask the seller. We had to supply our own kick pedal, snare stand and throne. You'll have to make sure you get TRS cables to hook up the pads to the module, and velcro cable ties are nice to neaten everything up. Hope this helps.
Old 5th September 2009
Lives for gear

you'll need a module
a drum rack
roland pad rack clamps
L-rods to connect the pads to the clamps
stereo(trs) cables
hi- hat controller
bass drum trigger or mesh bass drum pad
bass drum pedal
drum pads and cymbals(pads can be used as cymbals)
sticks..heh

e-mail jj drums, he's got everything. great guy, good prices.

Shop eBay Canada Store - JJs Roland V-drum Store:: Rubber Head Drums Pads, Stands and Racks
Old 5th September 2009
Gear Head

Thank you for the answers guys ... as always, THE place to get friendly assistance.
Rack
Old 5th September 2009
Lives for gear

FYI, if you plan to ever move these things once assembled you should go with metal clamps and not the cheap ass plastic ones that are supplied with the kit. In my experience the plastic ones a cheaply made and break easily. I have had my V drums for a few years ( used as a practice kit so it did move a bit) and to date I have broken 6 of these clamps (the ones that hold the rack together).
Old 5th September 2009
Lives for gear

You're going to pay out the ass for a set a v-drums if you buy it piece at a time.

Look on Craigslist or something.

I sold a set last year for $1000.00

Used is definitely the way to go.
Old 5th September 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0w View Post
You're going to pay out the ass for a set a v-drums if you buy it piece at a time.
I was gonna say the same thing... you'll get a better deal I think buying a whole kit to begin with, as you'll have some negotiating power. It's like trying to build a car buying the parts one at a time at the dealer...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search