The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Drum Rehab Vs Drumagog platinum
Old 4th September 2009
Lives for gear

Drum Rehab Vs Drumagog platinum

hello

scanned some older posts about these plugs, but wondering what is the general consensus now adays. Needing to get one of these, Drum rehab is more pricey, working in pro tools, help me pick between drumagog platinum or drum rehab..

thanks!
Old 4th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energie View Post
hello

scanned some older posts about these plugs, but wondering what is the general consensus now adays. Needing to get one of these, Drum rehab is more pricey, working in pro tools, help me pick between drumagog platinum or drum rehab..

thanks!
neither. I have both but now use the Massey DTM tool with Structure
Old 4th September 2009

you can get rehab on eBay for under a 100 bucks.
There are other options now that a far more accurate than Drumagog.
Drumagog floats way too much
Old 4th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipass View Post
you can get rehab on eBay for under a 100 bucks.
There are other options now that a far more accurate than Drumagog.
Drumagog floats way too much
What other options for RTAS?
Old 4th September 2009
Lives for gear

DTM looks pretty great from a quick look. really all I need is a accurate audio to midi converter to trigger some of my VI's, probally more velocity layers that way anyway. Do I need to purchase just one of Massey's plug ins in order to get the freeware, or all?

wish you could just buy DTM
Old 4th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Talbot View Post
I believe you only need to purchase one; ask Steve Massey. I'd only bought a couple myself. Friendly words of encouragement: buy the compressor, or L2007 or something. At $79 you cannot go wrong, and (if I'm not mistaken) you'll get your DTM plus a very good everyday compressor plug!
Yeah, have used the demo version of l2007 and it was a nice clean limiter, mostly will get just the compressor if I can also get the free DTM plug. if thats the case, what a deal man.
Old 4th September 2009

RTAS - I use Kontakt Midi timing in Protools 8 is rawk solid
Old 4th September 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Greedy View Post
neither. I have both but now use the Massey DTM tool with Structure
+1 (with battery). Massey DTM triggers much better than anything else I've tried, and you do only have to buy one plugin to qualify for it.

Drum rehab - ok, pretty good triggering but it's a bit fiddly, mono only, and occasionally loses sync and plays everything back a fixed sample distance out (which means you've pretty much got to print the results once you're happy with the sounds). I've got it, but I wouldn't buy it now.
Old 4th September 2009
Lives for gear

Just got the DTM plug in with a purchase, so far working great, triggering addictive drums, simple, me likey! thanks for the suggestions, just saved over 200 bills!
Old 4th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Talbot View Post
Cool! thumbsup Talk about your experience with Addictive Drums; I'm in the market for either something new or some additional sounds.
I mainly do composing for backround tracks and prod lib/Ad music type of stuff, and mostly there is no budget for me to hire a drummer, so I have tried a few drum plug ins, and I am very happy with addictive drums, as a drum plug in. I think it sits in the mix very well, more like a real kit then what I think some of the others are overly produced, overly bright or polished. Addictive drums really acts like a mic'd kit, the raw samples sound pretty authentic and not too overly polished, and you can eq and effect how you want after the fact. Its possible to get the big rock star sound out of Addictive drums, though not really its forte imo, and there is a few presets that help get you there, nice processing tools such as distortion where you can really tailor your sound. I always faught more some other plug ins when it comes to sounding more like a real kit.

OK, that is my low down as using as a drum only plug in, as far as replacement, I really just started using it today, working great thus far sound wise. there may be better options for certain styles, but i dig AD, and I really like thier Jazz brush expansion kit as well, affordable plug in to compared to some others.

drawback would be I think its harder to map with an ekit, and not as many sounds as some others. hope that helps.
Old 4th September 2009
Lives for gear

not quite sure what you are asking but I usually open up an aux track and put AD as a VI plug in, then create a midi track routed to AD and trigger via keys or modify the supplied midi files (you can drag and drop the supplied midi files onto your workstation)

using DTM, I just dragged the midi export to a track, and transposed the notes so they are hitting what I want. I just started using DTM today so I don't really have a workflow yet.

You can download a demo version of Addictive drums, though if I remember corretly, its pretty limited, and no cymbals or something, kinda pointless but you can at least see the layout first hand.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search