The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
D'You know the Teac Model 15 Console? Modular Synthesizers
Old 4th September 2005
D'You know the Teac Model 15 Console?

Hi Folks,
I'm a 22 year old guy from Germany, studying media economics, who has just found his way to this great board.
Primarily, my ambition/hobby is to make/produce music (took professional lessons for a long time in drums, trumpet and piano), but i'm getting more and more into recording and mixing.

Now, my question is, if someone knows anything about the 24-Track & 8-Bus Console Teac Model 15? I Could get one from an old friend for about 300 euros in a decent condition, but have no personal experience with this thing (pres, eq?).

I'm not a pro (I don't make money out of this ...right now) and have a tight budget, but always have an eye for affordable vintage (-like) gear like my Toft ATC-2, Tandberg Reels, Chandler Tube Driver...
Right now, I'm doing it in the box with dual g4 mac, rme hdsp9632 and logic 7.1, so would this Teac be an option for getting out of the box?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Chris
Old 4th September 2005
Lives for gear

I used to own 2 of these. They are a very heavy console about 150 kgs I think. Tramsfomer balanced discreat preamps. Wired pin 3 hot - L console with 2- 8 OR 1 - 16 channel monitor section 8 bus. The Eq was 4 band with the mid bands 2 swithch able freq. Not too flexable but workable. The entire console is unbalanced -10. I had a 4 8 channel balance I/O that did make it quiter. Is used it with analog tape so it was a pretty noisy board if you used a lot of EQ. It had very flexable signal routing.
Old 6th September 2005
Gear Head

I think three hundred euros is too much money for this board. As noted above it has unbalanced -10 RCA ins and outs other than the mic pre inputs.

The circuitry does have potential for upgrades, but for the money you should be able to get something that starts out better and is more commonly used to chip away at.

I had one that was in pretty good shape given to me. I checked it out and gave it to a friend. He still uses it, and it doesn't sound too bad, but mine was 300 euros cheaper than the one you're looking at. Maybe your friend would lend / give it to you? If yes, then I'd say go for it.

ymmv

dave
Old 7th September 2005
i/oh!

Thx for your replies.

He let the price fall down to 200 Euros, cause i also have to drive about 1000km to get this thing in my room.

Is every Input on this Console unbalanced (line/mic)? I'm feeling quite uncomfortable with this fact. Do You have any sugggestions for feeding it some balanced signal (a nice i/o box thingy...i don't know anything about this right now ). The noise generating EQ shouldn't be that big problem, as i'm doing more subtractive eq'ing.

Greets,
Chris

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search