The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
JLM Audio TMP-8. Wow. No... WOW!
Old 21st August 2009
Lives for gear

JLM Audio TMP-8. Wow. No... WOW!

Boys and girls, this is a real bang for your buck. I can't really believe it. Last night we test recorded drums, and everyone here was in disbelief. 8 channels of pro pres with soft limiting for $2300. It sounds beautiful. Just tested on vocals against the Pacifica. Again, we're blown away. Paired with the right mic, this is a great vocal amp! And, I love the 2 chs of unbalanced DI, with the remaining 6 having balanced DI for synths, control room mics, etc. Very well thought out. We definitely need more of these around here.
Old 21st August 2009
Lives for gear

Yeah, great value isn't it?
Old 21st August 2009
Lives for gear

what kind of sound does it have? the faceplate is bit ugly IMO
Old 21st August 2009
Lives for gear

JLM is awesome

Have a dual 99v here

it is amazing!!
Old 22nd August 2009
Lives for gear

This is my first experience with JLM. For comparison, I've got Shadow Hills GAMA8, Pacifica, LaChappell, Avedis MA5, and Atlas Juggernaut. I've got a pretty mighty assortment, and these def hold up in the crowd. Amazing.
Old 17th March 2010
Hi Darkwater

Wondering if you would share how the TMP8 stacks up against the other pres you have for drums.

THanks very much
Old 17th March 2010
Lives for gear

I'm not 100% sure but I think the TMP8 is similar to a Baby Animal with JLM14 input tranny and 99v opamp. If that's the case I have 12 channels I built and they are the best preamps I've ever used. I haven't used many pres but I've used Focusrite Red, A Designs Pacifica, API and Neve.

Joe is a modern day marvel
Old 17th March 2010
Lives for gear

Joe's customer service and support is great too which is a huge plus in today's world. Jlm Gets my vote.......I have bought some of their small kits and would love to try lots more of their stuff.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search