The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Need Triton LE Midi Help, is it Multitimbral?
Old 3rd May 2003
Here for the gear

Need Triton LE Midi Help, is it Multitimbral?

Hey,

As I put my tail between my legs, in embarassment, me being the "MIDI" guy throughout the years, does anyone use a Triton LE, and have you succeeded at recording more than one midi track into lets say Digital Performer via MIDI? I read the manual for eons and found nothing that led to an answer. What I mean is, once you've recorded a piano on midi 1, and now you want to record a midi guitar on channel two, the korg resets to piano on all channels. Even the engineers are stumped, cause they've programmed keyboards for 15 plus years to do this. Everyone has given it a shot at setting this thing up for mutitimbral midi recording. I don't own the keyboard, it belongs to a studio I am training at, and no one can figure it out, everyone gave up, but I know there's a way. I'd try KORG support, but time is of the essence. I've already found all the midi menus in the board, and I'm aware it needs to be set to receive on "all" channels, but Digital Performer still doesn't work. Maybe it's a setting in Performer? Maybe I'm the only person in the world having this problem, but yall have helped before. That's what it's all about :-) I'm posting this on behalf of all the students in the Audio Engineering Course that can't record midi on the only keyboard in the studio. Audio is possible, but it's nice to have some fun with the midi sequencing.

Cheers!

808st8
Austin, TX
Old 3rd May 2003
Lives for gear

The korg will definiatly do this, I have both the rack and keyboard version at my place, I cannot remember exactly , but some points to check out are that it is in combination mode, not program, and that you have set up the combi to recieve midi on diffrent channels for each sound, you can have 16 diffrent sounds at once, on 16 diffrent channels, as long as you do not run out of voices. The korg OS is a pain, but once you get the hang of where things are, you are set.

good luck
Old 3rd May 2003
Here for the gear

Thanks Steve. Next time I'm in the studio I will try some more. Combi mode, yes, makes sense. IMHO, the manual could've been written a whole lot better, and the OS is goofball, but like any piece of gear, nothing is perfect, and you just get used to it. If everything was the same, how boring would that be? Midi Hell is our friend :-) That will never change.

Thanks,

808st8
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear