The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
how to produce and record a song in 6 minutes
Old 31st July 2009
Gearslutz.com admin

how to produce and record a song in 6 minutes

Old 31st July 2009
Gear addict

could you imagine wearing cans all day listening to that "scratching"
Old 31st July 2009
Yeah... I didn't watch too much so maybe it got better. It sounded like Guitar Center on Saturday afternoon in the part that I heard.

When I was actively pursuing my old all improv live loop act, Frippenstein (obviously the name a tip of the hat to Bob Fripp's Frippertronics), I 'produced and recorded' tracks in realtime all the time. It was challenging and, in front of a live audience, occasionally a little scarifying. I also had a built-out band for a while (Drift) that added violin, steel and other guitar, percussion, clarinet and recorder from 3 other improvisers. And that was scary... a lot of the time. Fun. But scary.

Anyhow, the kids are all right. I guess.

heh
Old 1st August 2009
Where's my Uzi?

Even better, where's my Laaz Rocket????

"Anyhow, the kids are all right. I guess." ....... uhhhhh..... But the kids aren't LEARNING anything. Not anything USEFUL, anyway........
Old 2nd August 2009
Gear Nut

I think it's a cool idea. Maybe not the best use of the technicians time, but I would imagine skilled musicians and the non-musically inclined people have a ton of fun all the same. Like "Rock Band" but you create the track, not the other way around.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search