The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
logic studio 9? not sure? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 27th July 2009
Lives for gear

logic studio 9? not sure?

To me it just looks like some added guitar rigs and a wanna be celemony tool in the flex time? I see some increased workflow?

but are there any real new synths or banks? it seems to just ad some warped possibilities to space designer?

that being said? why upgrade?

I worry about stability issues as well.

the only issue i ever had was burning direction to disk when bouncing in logic studio 8?
Old 27th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosCreation View Post
To me it just looks like some added guitar rigs and a wanna be celemony tool in the flex time? I see some increased workflow?

but are there any real new synths or banks? it seems to just ad some warped possibilities to space designer?

the only issue i ever had was burning direction to disk when bouncing in logic studio 8?
This is really funny - last time people complained that the updates were just bells and whistles and updates to plugins - and they wanted upgrades to the audio engine. Now this time there were upgrades to the audio engine and people are complaining there aren't enough new little bells and whistles and plugins.

LOL
Old 27th July 2009
Lives for gear

1 Rule never buy an upgrade in the first few days it is out you just will have trouble!
Wait at least 10 months till the first trouble is solved by an update.

2 Rule Logic 9 has some new great editing features which are wonderful for working with bands "recording mixing".....these features save money for some additional software you have to pay for.

3. Rule some people are just happy in their life when they have something to MOAN.
I always thought moaning is a typical German affectation but I see it is all over the WORLD.

So Apple is going the right way may not the right way for you!!
So switch to any other DAW host many you are more happy there but I guess you will find some reasons to moan everywhere you go.

PEACE!!!

Andreas
Old 27th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HOLMES View Post
2 Rule Logic 9 has some new great editing features which are wonderful for working with bands "recording mixing".....these features save money for some additional software you have to pay for.

PEACE!!!

Andreas
I have these recordings of these singers from india but they aren't to a click and are just very difficult to fit into modern pop music because of all the retiming, cutting, moving, etc that you have to do.

I'm SOOOO excited to use some of the new elastic audio type features to just fit them right into the music. It looks so seamless on apple's webpage...i hope it isn't too good to be true!

This feature alone is worth the $200 to me...saving me the time of editing it manually...sometimes for hours upon hours.

Of course, ymmv.
Old 27th July 2009
Lives for gear

Can't wait for logic pro 9.0.1!
Old 3rd August 2009
Lives for gear

Does anyone know if the BOUNCING capabilities are better in logic 9?
that was really my only complaint of the loss of sound quality vs what was recorded???

Im curious to know?
Old 3rd August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop View Post
This is really funny - last time people complained that the updates were just bells and whistles and updates to plugins - and they wanted upgrades to the audio engine. Now this time there were upgrades to the audio engine and people are complaining there aren't enough new little bells and whistles and plugins.

LOL
I was just curious if they added a new compressor or to?
i saw a picture of a vintage looking comp but wasn't sure if that was just a guitar comp?

PS.

I loved working w logic 8
Old 3rd August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

"Logic Studio is a clear winner for Apple. Whether you are a guitar player looking for improved amp sounds or an engineer that wants to improve your workflow, Logic Studio has something new for you."

Source: Jim Dalrymple - Apple revamps Logic Studio audio suite

"I think the people that really know Logic will be more excited than the person who has not been through version 8 yet. But I can tell that its probably the new people that will benefit the most from the improved workflow. The experienced users already knew how to strip down the chore of bouncing to a speedy operation. The new folks never have to learn that curve.

So my answer is that Logic Pro 9 is not only worth the price of the upgrade, but that a typical Logic user might be predisposed to spend a lot more cash on things that don't have as significant bang for the buck.

Let me just say there is no software environment more complete than Logic Pro 9."

Source: TweakHeadz Lab
Old 3rd August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

The one feature that has truely held me back from making the PT switch (except for no Massey or McDSP?! which might still be enough to keep me in PT land) is a dedicated, customizable "import session data" feature. Pretty freakin' huge IMO.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search