The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ugly Duckling Gear... Dynamic Microphones
Old 28th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmed View Post
Thanks!
Old 28th July 2009
Here for the gear

tutt
Old 28th July 2009
Lives for gear

The FF Green 3 Voicebox is a short course. Looks like a lot of Par 3's so you old farts probably dont have to worry about renting a cart.

The First hole looks like a Par 5 through the mic preamp section with a dogleg left at the hipass knob. I see two sand traps.

Then it looks like you have a tiny Par 3, a Par 5 that is wide and straight, with three sand traps on the edges of the fairway, then another tiny Par 3 after that.

Hole 5 looks to be a Par 4, up and slightly to the left as it goes, with two closely-situated sand traps right past the tee. Don't bobble your drive on that hole!

After that i see a short Par 4 with two traps.

Hole 7 looks like a par 4 or a short 5 with a middle dogleg halfway through the fairway, sort of left and then straight on to the cup.

Hole 8 is fairly long Par 3 with two sand traps, one right off the tee and one just to the left of the green. Don't hook it.

The final hole, number 9, is a tiny little Par 3 with one sand trap. Just hit up over it and you're all set, nothing to worry about.

Old 28th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicegenius View Post
Thanks!
I really wish I could afford that API right now, great price.
Old 28th July 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry b View Post

The FF Green 3 Voicebox is a short course. Looks like a lot of Par 3's so you old farts probably dont have to worry about renting a cart.

The First hole looks like a Par 5 through the mic preamp section with a dogleg left at the hipass knob. I see two sand traps.

Then it looks like you have a tiny Par 3, a Par 5 that is wide and straight, with three sand traps on the edges of the fairway, then another tiny Par 3 after that.

Hole 5 looks to be a Par 4, up and slightly to the left as it goes, with two closely-situated sand traps right past the tee. Don't bobble your drive on that hole!

After that i see a short Par 4 with two traps.

Hole 7 looks like a par 4 or a short 5 with a middle dogleg halfway through the fairway, sort of left and then straight on to the cup.

Hole 8 is fairly long Par 3 with two sand traps, one right off the tee and one just to the left of the green. Don't hook it.

The final hole, number 9, is a tiny little Par 3 with one sand trap. Just hit up over it and you're all set, nothing to worry about.

Hilarious!!!heh Now off to the clubhouse!
Old 28th July 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly644 View Post
Fizmo.
Ugly as hell, but it's main sin was daring to actually be original. It also dared to have the best arp eva!
Old 28th July 2009
D K
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicegenius View Post
This has to be one of the ugliest pieces of gear I've seen, but from what I've seen on GS, its a "beautiful" piece of gear... Any other ugly duckling pieces of gear?

Butt Ugly....I've got two of em heh

but then...so am i ..what's your point?
Old 28th July 2009
Lives for gear

"We count 30 Rebel ships, Lord Vader, but our headsets are so big, they're distorting the radar!"

Old 28th July 2009
Gear Nut

Here's an ugly head... it sounds absolutely awesome (it's a handwired clone of a pre-tweed fender deluxe) but is ugly as can be!

It's built on a really old PA amp chasis. Anyone got a speaker cab that would do this ugly sob justice?
Attached Thumbnails
Ugly Duckling Gear...-ugly-head.jpg   Ugly Duckling Gear...-ugly-head2.jpg  
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

Can you say ... cluttered

I like it but I think that I need something with a few more options ... BTW I wonder if this has recall software included with it!
Attached Thumbnails
Ugly Duckling Gear...-5052_top.jpg  
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

Although good stuff, I've always thought API stuff can look
a bit raw compared to alot of newer equipment. But if it sounds
good then Rock on.
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

Perhaps the earliest historical example of horse ass!
Attached Thumbnails
Ugly Duckling Gear...-gitternbm.jpg  
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

And moving on to more contemporary items:

The last one being my all time favorite!
Attached Thumbnails
Ugly Duckling Gear...-awesometrailer.jpg   Ugly Duckling Gear...-hand.gif   Ugly Duckling Gear...-klein.jpg   Ugly Duckling Gear...-kymoto_samurai_special.jpg   Ugly Duckling Gear...-musicvox.jpg  

Ugly Duckling Gear...-synthaxe.gif   Ugly Duckling Gear...-tiki.jpg   Ugly Duckling Gear...-wilddesign.jpg  
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The True Buck View Post
Focusrite green range! As a swedish journalist once wrote... It looks like a golf course.heh
heh thumbsup
Old 8th October 2009
Here for the gear

Ok, back to the FMR box. I LIKE the way it looks. Have you seen what the kids wear nowadays? Its cool.

And I DIG lego for the record.

M
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

I'm not a fan of the Shadow Hills look.
Old 8th October 2009
Shy
Lives for gear

Roland RSS-10 is ugly as HELL, and insanely huge.

But gives me a beautiful sound.
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

I've got a Beyer Soundstar X1N mic, a reject from WVU. Looks like a mutated Norelco shaver, but sounds pretty good. When people ask me where I got it, I can honestly say I got it at the County Dump.
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

Hmmmmmm beauty is in the eye of the beholder... and personally I behold no beauty in this customization !
Old 8th October 2009
Gear Maniac

My 32-knob, 16-switches + LCD display DIY MIDI Controller.
... mounted on a piece of corrugated cardboard.
(works with Digital Performer, Sonar and others

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search